Corsair Community

Ram going bad

I have a TwinX1024-3200XLPro, 2x184 DIMM Dual channel matched memory pair that is going bad. In the Sandra Cache and Memory test, the modules no longer reach peak bandwidth. Mem Test detects multiple failures in 1 module.

I am experiencing random bsod's in general. My games are crashing frequently.

My question is, can I exchange the two failing modules for a replacement? I'm

wondering now if the one module was defective right from the start. My system seemed quite unstable from the first day I installed the new modules. I have enjoyed Corsair products for some time now, and this is my first experience with a failing part. I understand that even the best products can encounter a problem from time to time.

Could you consider my request and e-mail me, or post reply here with any/all suggestions on how I might obtain a solution to this problem?

Regards, Tom

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Thank You for the quick reply! I have all default settings on a P4c3.2ee Intel Processor. MB is an Asus P4c800eDeluxe. Ram Timings set to SPD with PAT disabled. Processor speed at 3.20ghz. FSB is default speed of 200mgz.x4=800mgz. Cpu set to std. setting. No performance settings, everything set to Auto.

• Corsair Employees

The minimum suggested voltage for these modules would be 2.75 Volts so please try these settings and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

Please try these settings after you load setup defaults.

AI Over Clock Tuner: Manual

CPU Freq: 200 MHz

System Performance: Auto

Memory Frequency: 100%/DDR400

Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 200MHz/400DDR

Legacy USB: Disabled

PAT/PAM/MAM

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 2T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5T

Then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

Archived