Corsair Community

9 days old and unusable VIRTUOSO RGB Wireless XT - Distorted sound no matter what

Hi

Ordered my CORSAIR VIRTUOSO RGB Wireless XT straight from Corsair UK. Have had it just over 9 days.

Suddenly last night whilst playing Destiny 2 the sound became heavily distorted, we are talking unintelligible here.

This happens when its on Wireless, Wired USB Mode, Wired 3.5mm mode, Bluetooth or even just when its on Wireless/Wired mode and no dongle/cable is plugged in as the onboard voice prompts are distorted to.

To me this sounds like the onboard systems of the headset have gone wrong.

I have tried

Soft Reset

Reinstalling Icue

Disabling Doly Atmos

Going into Advanced headphone properties and setting it to 2 channel 44/48Khz

Forcing firmware update from ICUE of dongle and headset and then soft resetting again.

Is there a hard reset of the headphones that can be done?

I have a ticket open with support but no reply yet. Wouldnt have expected this from a £250 pair of headphones!

• Corsair Employees
Hi

Ordered my CORSAIR VIRTUOSO RGB Wireless XT straight from Corsair UK. Have had it just over 9 days.

Suddenly last night whilst playing Destiny 2 the sound became heavily distorted, we are talking unintelligible here.

This happens when its on Wireless, Wired USB Mode, Wired 3.5mm mode, Bluetooth or even just when its on Wireless/Wired mode and no dongle/cable is plugged in as the onboard voice prompts are distorted to.

To me this sounds like the onboard systems of the headset have gone wrong.

I have tried

Soft Reset

Reinstalling Icue

Disabling Doly Atmos

Going into Advanced headphone properties and setting it to 2 channel 44/48Khz

Forcing firmware update from ICUE of dongle and headset and then soft resetting again.

Is there a hard reset of the headphones that can be done?

I have a ticket open with support but no reply yet. Wouldnt have expected this from a £250 pair of headphones!

Hi kosch,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Does the sound distortion occur in any other games? Have you checked and fiddled with Destiny 2's sound settings?

• Corsair Employees

Hi

Can you try this,

On windows 10 called "Local Group Policy Editor." You navigate to it by typing "Edit Group Policy" in the Windows 10 Start Menu, then you will see the window. You need to navigate through the below branch.

Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Device Installation -> Device Installation Restrictions -> Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings -> Enable -> Apply

From this, restart your computer, then navigate to device manager. Click on view, then "Devices by container." Go to your headset and uninstall the device.

Afterwards, restart your computer, and make sure you have the latest version of iCUE installed. You need to navigate back to the policy and set it to "Not Configured" or "Disabled." If you do not do this, you will be unable to install your drivers.

Thanks for the suggestion but this did not work either.

I have had no response back for my support ticket or my RMA request.

Next step will be to charge back on the credit card and then wait for them to get in touch I think.