Corsair Community

iCUE either not responding or causing high temps

After some testing, I have determined that the iCUE software I have installed (latest version pulled 6/25/2021) is causing my CPU (5900x) to idle at a higher temperature than it should (idling at ~60ish instead of ~40ish).

I have confirmed this by uninstalling the software to test temps without software control running the H150i Capellix Elite.

What is interesting is that upon reinstall, everything seems to work fine until restart, wherein I get the higher temps and I also get the USB disconnect sound / issue as reported in the Megathread.

Temps were viewed using HWMonitor. I have the latest BIOS and drivers for my system, since I just finished building it on 6/25/2021.

I have tried reseating cables to the Commander and the connected fans, restarting iCUE from within the software and through Task Manager, I tried disabling Fast Boot, I have even reapplied thermal paste twice.

Any recommendations are welcome.

I have been experiencing similar issues. I had everything in my system running fine until yesterday when I updated icue to v4.12.214 and updated the H150i Capellix Elite's firmware. After the update, none of my fans would ramp or respond to temperature. The H150i's temperature would slowly ramp to 70 degrees, go into emergency mode to cool, and then do the same thing all over again.

Of note, I could only see the voltages for all corsair fans, no RPMs were reported from my corsair case or any other commanders and I was incapable of adjusting any fan speed, to include the H150i. Uninstalling iCUE caused the fans to properly ramp and cool the system.

For me, reinstalling did not seem to do anything, nor did going back to the v3.81.61. I am still only able to see 'graphing' for my 1000D case and commander pro.

For the record, all lighting is functional, implying that the commander pros/case are at least still talking to iCUE in some manner.

I literally changed nothing from yesterday. I just let the computer sit in BIOS for about 5 minutes before loading Windows.

It immediately jumped up to 61 degrees, but then has slowly dropped to sub 40 with very light usage...

I REALLY hope this holds, but since I did nothing to change anything... I am skeptical.

it's weird becaue iCUE should not control the fan curve, it should be the AIO controller.

Did you set another control variable than water temperature?

If you use a software sensor like CPU temp instead of H150i temperature, then the AIO relies on iCUE sending temp readings to change fan speeds.

if you keep H150i temp as control variable, it will keep working in hardware mode when iCUE is closed or crashed.

Also be careful using HWmonitor or other monitoring programs that read corsair sensors. they interfere with iCUE and cause all sorts of problems

Sure enough the issue returned same day. If nothing else, it showed me what this radiator is capable of when it is running as it should.

Again, I have tried Quit out of iCUE, uninstall HWMonitor, restarts, staying in BIOS for a few minutes, I still get the device disconnect sound from Windows and an iCUE software that refuses to bring the CPU temp below 60.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
Sure enough the issue returned same day. If nothing else, it showed me what this radiator is capable of when it is running as it should.

Again, I have tried Quit out of iCUE, uninstall HWMonitor, restarts, staying in BIOS for a few minutes, I still get the device disconnect sound from Windows and an iCUE software that refuses to bring the CPU temp below 60.

Have you updated your BIOS to the most recent version that includes the AGESA fix for the known USB disconnect/reconnect issue with the AMD platform when using the AMD 400/500 series chipsets?

Very similar issue here - just updated iCue too and my CPU was suddenly idling 10c over its usual temps - turns out my H100i Elite Capellix's fans are no longer visible in iCue, and while iCue is active, they STOP SPINNING. As soon as I close iCue (exit from tray), the fans start spinning again and temps go back down to normal.

The strange thing is that I can still change the RGB for the fans - they show up fine in the LED control sections. I just can't control the speeds (I can only see the pump and that one other fan that I connected to it, which is working fine).

No other updates available. Tried repair, still having the issue.

This has nothing to do with AMD - I have a MSI z590/Intel i9 and it's happening to me too...