Corsair Community

Stop macro

Using ICUE 4.12

I've added a macro that press the letter E 50 times in a row.

Workes fine, great.

But how do I STOP it?

If I press the button again (the one that started macro) - it does not stop.

Deleting the macro from assignmets - does not stop the keypresses.

Why the *** is there no "stop macro" button?

I think Macros interrupt each other? So another key could be assigned to a macro, optionally with retain output on, and it could have no events...I think that works in most icue versions (to the chagrin of some). I reproduced a test case just now and it worked for me

This has to be the most worthless software ever made. Extremely hard to understand and very backwards.

Tried what you said - just made a soundfile play 10 times when I press a button. That workes. Made another macrokey that plays another soundfile (one time)...and that's it.

I press the first key - first sound plays.

After plying 5 times, I press the second key - second sound play - and then the first sound keeps playing 5 times more...

This has to be the most worthless software ever made. Extremely hard to understand and very backwards.

Oh you think icue is bad, just try Roccats macro software.. while easier to use, it's trash.

Anyways, for macros, i've had good luck with the repeat/while holding macro feature.

• Corsair Employees

You just need to record the specific key press you want to repeat in the action one time, delete or adjust the delay between the key press and release as you wish, and then go to the Advanced options and set it to toggle and repeat as seen in the screenshots I attached to this reply. You can even adjust the repeat delay if you wish for each keystroke to be actuated at a specific interval after the previous one.

attachment.php?attachmentid=41616&stc=1&d=1625166995

attachment.php?attachmentid=41617&stc=1&d=1625167001

Repeat-With-A-Toggle1.thumb.png.e1293b586ce5bf962a37fe2c1c3bf15f.png

Repeat-With-A-Toggle2.thumb.png.f4f719780f03c4537b408f931aebdb35.png

• Corsair Employees
But once its started...and I wish to stop it? How?

Toggle, you mean I can then press same button to stop?

Yes that is exactly what the TOGGLE aspect means. If you wish for it to stop before completing the macro you press the button one more time and it will toggle it off.