Corsair Community

iCue crashes when trying to import a profile.

Madmaxneo

I had to reload Windows onto my machine due to a personal screw up when converting my drive to GPT (my error was the way the MB works)...

After getting everything set and reinstalled I tried to import my iCue profile into iCue and it crashes every time and the profile is no where to be found. I have tried both the newest version 3 and the completely new version 4 of iCue but nothing helps.

Is there something I am not doing right when importing the profile?

Note: Not sure if any of this is important but the profile was created in 2018 and has remained in place since. The profile file name is "Batman & Joker.cueprofile"

Edited by Madmaxneo

The profile you are attempting to import is too old and therefore is not compatible with the either current version of iCUE 3 or 4. The only resolution is going to be to recreate the profile from scratch.

Then how come the profile was working just fine less than a week ago before I had to reload windows?

It was up to date with the latest version of iCue at the time so if it worked then it should work now.

• Corsair Employees
Then how come the profile was working just fine less than a week ago before I had to reload windows?

It was up to date with the latest version of iCue at the time so if it worked then it should work now.

As you updated the iCUE software from when you originally created the profile and exported it, the updates also updated the profile along with iCUE itself. The profile you created and exported 3+ years ago as a backup is no longer going to be compatible with the current versions of the iCUE software due to the changes in how profiles are managed in that time over all those updates.