Corsair Community

Introducing the CORSAIR 7000 Series Cases

• Corsair Employee

You’ve asked for it and we listened! With the amount of positive feedback we had with the 4000 and 5000 series cases – we just HAD to go BIGGER! Today we’re releasing the 7000D Airflow and 7000X RGB Full-Tower Cases. For those who demand top-tier performance, aesthetics and have that need for more space, look no further than the 7000s series. Here are some highlights:

• Easy access all-around with easily detachable hinged side panels and removable front and roof panels

• A spacious interior that accommodates a plethora of fans and multiple 360mm radiators or two 420mm radiators simultaneously

• Minimalist solid steel front and roof panel with dedicated ventilation channels (7000D)

• Three tempered glass panels for a full view of your system (7000X)

• Equipped with the CORSAIR iCUE COMMANDER CORE XT Controller and a PWM fan repeater, providing RGB fan lighting and speed control to its four included CORSAIR SP140 RGB ELITE fans (7000X)

Click the following for more information: 7000D AIRFLOW and iCUE 7000X RGB. We’ve put together a quick FAQ below.

Q: Will my GPU fit in this case?

A: Definitely! The 7000 Series supports a maximum GPU length of 450mm.

Q: Can I orientate my GPU vertically?

A: Yes – there are included motherboard standoffs which may be used to solidly mount a PCIe vertical mount riser cable directly to the PSU shroud. SSD trays may also be taken from behind the motherboard tray to be mounted atop the PSU shroud.

Q: What motherboard form factors can fit?

A: Motherboard compatibility includes mini-ITX, micro-ATX, ATX, and E-ATX.

If you're looking for an AIO that'll take full advantage of this case, check out our iCUE H170i ELITE CAPELLIX CPU Cooler that's equipped with a 420mm radiator!

Let us know if you guys have any questions or thoughts! We’re excited to hear from you!

520599683_7000sSeriesModelImage1.thumb.png.38fa57eafdf413a51dae8d9ac7d93e1b.png

Hey..

Will there be a version like 1000D? I really like the size of 1000D, normall full tower aint large enough for all my stuff, which is mainly Corsair stuff.

So I really hope that there will come a new version of it.

Thank you Conver,

While we cannot speak on future releases, we are always listening to feedback and input from our users.

I really hope there will come a new version of 1000D, since that case is already years old, I prefer buying something newer.

Else I will go with 1000D as it's currently the only one which can hold all my stuff (single PC, not multi). I have the CoolerMaster HAF X right now, which is also pretty big, but there is no free space in there anymore, Corsair watercooling prodocts all over, tons of fans, tons of RGB, tons of everything bassicly..

So I rly hope a new version of it will come. Keep up the good work tho! :)

Appreciate the full tower and swivel doors! Was wishing it was this tall when buying the 5000X. Would love to have the glass side panel on the right as an option/add-on if y'all are taking feedback.

Still will probably get this one but love showing off the cable management on the right side in the 5000X with the internal panel off, makes me bittersweet to have to give that up for the nice full tower size lol. Thanks!

Edited by snowblind69

• Corsair Employee
Appreciate the full tower and swivel doors! Was wishing it was this tall when buying the 5000X. Would love to have the glass side panel on the right as an option/add-on if y'all are taking feedback.

Still will probably get this one but love showing off the cable management on the right side in the 5000X with the internal panel off, makes me bittersweet to have to give that up for the nice full tower size lol. Thanks!

Thank you for the feedback!

• Corsair Employee
I really hope there will come a new version of 1000D, since that case is already years old, I prefer buying something newer.

Else I will go with 1000D as it's currently the only one which can hold all my stuff (single PC, not multi). I have the CoolerMaster HAF X right now, which is also pretty big, but there is no free space in there anymore, Corsair watercooling prodocts all over, tons of fans, tons of RGB, tons of everything bassicly..

So I rly hope a new version of it will come. Keep up the good work tho! :)

Thank you again for the feedback!

Since the 7000 series HDD cages are stackable, will Corsair store make them available for purchase? (both the black and white versions)

How many of them could we stack together at most? I'm considering using it as a large NAS with loads of 3.5" HDDs. But I suppose the limit due to structural stability/integrity may be less than the physical limit.

And would it be possible to fit side fans while using the HDD cages?

Btw, many YouTube reviewers failed to mention the HDD cage stacking possibility.

• Corsair Employee
Since the 7000 series HDD cages are stackable, will Corsair store make them available for purchase? (both the black and white versions)

How many of them could we stack together at most? I'm considering using it as a large NAS with loads of 3.5" HDDs. But I suppose the limit due to structural stability/integrity may be less than the physical limit.

Btw, many YouTube reviewers failed to mention the HDD cage stacking possibility.

The HDD cases are intended and designed to work inside the case. We cannot give you direction outside of intended use unfortunately but if you need a replacement HDD case for your 7000, please contact support.

https://support.corsair.com/

I hope everything works out!

The HDD cases are intended and designed to work inside the case. We cannot give you direction outside of intended use unfortunately but if you need a replacement HDD case for your 7000, please contact support.

I am talking about use inside the case. With the plastic cover above the drive cages removed, the two included ones can be stacked. (A YouTube reviewer showed this.) It is reasonable to assume that more than two can be stacked together since this case is so tall. I would argue it is within the realm of "intended use" as other Corsair cases do not have their HDD cages stackable like this.

A few other Corsair cases have their HDD cages sold separately as replacement parts, but this case does not -- at least not yet.

• Corsair Employee
I am talking about use inside the case. With the plastic cover above the drive cages removed, the two included ones can be stacked. (A YouTube reviewer showed this.) It is reasonable to assume that more than two can be stacked together since this case is so tall. I would argue it is within the realm of "intended use" as other Corsair cases do not have their HDD cages stackable like this.

A few other Corsair cases have their HDD cages sold separately as replacement parts, but this case does not -- at least not yet.

Hey DougCube, you can indeed stack them, however, we can't advise that you go any higher than a 2 stack, as there is nothing to support the cages apart from the thumbscrew and clips on the bottom.

The vibration from your hard drives may also be amplified, which could lead to premature drive failure.

• 2 weeks later...

When is the 7000x series going to be available to purchase?

have been checking Overclockers ,scan, amazon etc and all say overdue/out of stock/pre-order!!!

also i have already purchased a H150i capellix which comes with a rgb fan controller , will this work in conjunction with the commander xt in the 7000x case? . Can they be linked ?

• Corsair Employee
When is the 7000x series going to be available to purchase?

have been checking Overclockers ,scan, amazon etc and all say overdue/out of stock/pre-order!!!

also i have already purchased a H150i capellix which comes with a rgb fan controller , will this work in conjunction with the commander xt in the 7000x case? . Can they be linked ?

The ELITE CAPELLIX' COMMANDER CORE and 7000 Series' COMMANDER CORE XT will simultaneously work together with both connected. They'll be identified as two separate controllers in iCUE.

We appreciate your interest and we're doing our best to have shipments sent out. You can check estimated availability via our website or with your local retailers:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/where-to-buy

If you have any more questions, feel free to post here and I will do my best to help.

Is it possible to fit two very thin (30mm) 480 radiators -- one on the side and one in the front? I was thinking to do a pull-configuration on the side and a push-configuration on the front. I assume a push-pull probably won't fit.

The user manual doesn't claim support for side and front radiators installed together, but it might not account for such thin ones.

Also, I wish Corsair would sell white 480 radiators and white 420 radiators.

Is it possible to fit two very thin (30mm) 480 radiators -- one on the side and one in the front? I was thinking to do a pull-configuration on the side and a push-configuration on the front. I assume a push-pull probably won't fit.

The user manual doesn't claim support for side and front radiators installed together, but it might not account for such thin ones.

Also, I wish Corsair would sell white 480 radiators and white 420 radiators.

With the 7000X, you have two mounting points for 120mm class fans/radiators in the front - straight down the center and offset towards the system/glass side of the case. If you mount the radiator in the offset position, you'll be good. I think you'll actually be able to do push/pull in the front but you definitely won't have clearance to do that on the side with anything except just fans in the front.

Also, you'll need to remove the front hard drive cage. You won't be able to use that with 480's in the front and side. You might be able to get away with 2x 360's and keep the front HDD cage.

Edited by DevBiker

You can stack the two drive cages. They have hooks to join them together. You'll need to remove the mounting bracket that attaches to the bottom of the drive cage for the top cage.

You'll have 2 screws to secure them together. That said, it is a little wiggly so Corsair Angie's point should be considered. Three is possible feasible but even less stable. I wouldn't suggest it with platter HDDs. You could do it with SSDs though. It might be possible to rig a brace however - that would provide some stability and prevent the wiggling.

Each Drive Cage is about 6 1/2" L x 4 5/8" W x 4 1/4 H inches. Because of the overlap when you combine them, two of them is about 8 1/4" tall.

You won't be able to use either of the covers for the front section so it won't look quite as 'finished' or 'polished'. I do really wish Corsair would do a better mount for 3.5" drives but that's what it is.

You WILL be able to mount fans in the side. You could also mount a 240mm radiator in the side on the 2 top mounting spots. On the front, you could do 240mm or 280mm. If you do a 280mm, you can't do a side radiator.

With side fans, you'll have about 30mm of clearance between the front of the drive tray and the fans. While you might think that this'll be enough for a radiator - you don't have any clearance for fittings, etc. And it'd be super-tight. But a 240 mounted on the top 2 positions would sit above the combined drive cages so that would work out.

y4mbu3Wo5G1NGfdLX2vVXWrSaRgw_5FvUe4hDZ-ndH-pO5ABIrhcqh2N9FWqAXa63gjpWQkgMqKS9HwHTcHdq_GGX0J5rZFwjyBR8ztySQxk7LY4Pfc2Hn07uf4nSKsN0btFjMqxuyUPf5YmrI7y5KqOgD8hGyaaQPpuXeb4u8Yd-LAEiDK5mTD-bo0VA1-3O0z?width=768&height=1024&cropmode=none

y4mYGqWwuSti73Vjc_mSUHK3L3VdYf76kMn2w-QGV5HUgPsKNWNV3BuPHtsJIT0ChSL0quN6rVIX1umE_mcyiVPkMaZnpSeCk5-4pUqHFkmf_xe-5mgIURUMQcDc1TF9Cexy9zgJaHHP6RVgZpEDpnSavX80ug4_PNF4IjFSm1ZIheJ2RaonMKc_G1-ip3-8FmA?width=768&height=1024&cropmode=none

Can someone at Corsair please advise the dimensions of the GPU window cutout and the acrylic window that fits in there? I'm considering putting a small display monitor there for temperatures etc., so I'm looking for the dimensions of 2 things really:

(1) the dimension of the physical cutout hole itself.

(2) dimensions of the acrylic window that sits behind the cutout and in front of the PSU.

Thanks.

Can someone at Corsair please advise the dimensions of the GPU window cutout and the acrylic window that fits in there? I'm considering putting a small display monitor there for temperatures etc., so I'm looking for the dimensions of 2 things really:

(1) the dimension of the physical cutout hole itself.

(2) dimensions of the acrylic window that sits behind the cutout and in front of the PSU.

Thanks.

Well, I'm not at Corsair but I hope that this will suffice.

The window dimensions on the outside are 150mm wide and 60mm high. This is the outer display, of course.

The acrylic window is secured with some rails at the top, bottom, and side. On one side is a removable brace. You can see this in the picture below. There is a single screw holding the brace in place. Remove that and it comes right out.

You'll have about 3/16" (4.75mm) between the side of the PSU and the acrylic window.

The acrylic window is 6 3/4" X 2 3/8". It is 3mm thick.

y4m3yXyxK5GuX2u0GZDpLBKnTPI2e9sa-jOdoJ1IsnmOf7bO21bjDCp4DPD8n5l41EWTmlmbGxk137QhS9QYpkZqYrQMSwW7Nn2D2t2E_6mQYdFX4EDdltbDu1OvvuDOqniTOA5aSdZgHgwy--svE40tpHJYxj97ZG4PsuHKXbDl_ZNRvPNjBq8uIb5tNPQaCAN?width=1024&height=768&cropmode=none

The window dimensions on the outside are 150mm wide and 60mm high. This is the outer display, of course.

The acrylic window is secured with some rails at the top, bottom, and side. On one side is a removable brace. You can see this in the picture below. There is a single screw holding the brace in place. Remove that and it comes right out.

You'll have about 3/16" (4.75mm) between the side of the PSU and the acrylic window.

*snip*

Thank you! excellent info, much appreciated.

On 7/19/2021 at 11:52 PM, DevBiker said:

y4m3yXyxK5GuX2u0GZDpLBKnTPI2e9sa-jOdoJ1IsnmOf7bO21bjDCp4DPD8n5l41EWTmlmbGxk137QhS9QYpkZqYrQMSwW7Nn2D2t2E_6mQYdFX4EDdltbDu1OvvuDOqniTOA5aSdZgHgwy--svE40tpHJYxj97ZG4PsuHKXbDl_ZNRvPNjBq8uIb5tNPQaCAN?width=1024&height=768&cropmode=none

Thanks for sharing! If at all possible, can you take a picture with the acrylic window removed? It's a bit tough to tell if the rails that the window slides into are part of the brace or if they're permanently attached to the psu shroud. 

How's this? And yeah, this'll go into the FAQ/build log.

20210726_212733.thumb.jpg.41acc8b0ead6e17fa85cc8c004676af1.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you for taking the time!

• 1 year later...

Anyone know if the SSD trays for the 4000D (SKU CC-8900454) are compatible with the 7000D (SKU CC-9011218-WW)?

Already tried to find info on the internet but couldn't find any info that it's (not) compatible.

Tried asking customer service using the contact form but 0 response there.

On 8/23/2022 at 12:50 PM, Stuffer said:

Anyone know if the SSD trays for the 4000D (SKU CC-8900454) are compatible with the 7000D (SKU CC-9011218-WW)?

Already tried to find info on the internet but couldn't find any info that it's (not) compatible.

Tried asking customer service using the contact form but 0 response there.

After literally 7d I got a response from costumer service telling me they're compatible