Corsair Community

Introducing the CORSAIR iCUE H170i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler

• Corsair Employees
Image 1.jpg

Hey everyone,

Today, we're releasing the largest AIO cooler we've ever made! For those who demand top-tier performance and aesthetics, look no further than the H170i ELITE CAPELLIX! Here’s a few quick highlights:

• Equipped with our largest All-In-One radiator - the 420mm radiator provides maximum surface area for superior cooling.
  • Three 140mm CORSAIR ML RGB Magnetic Levitation PWM fans with eight LEDs each, delivering immaculate airflow and cooling performance at silent noise levels.
  • iCUE COMMANDER CORE that provides users with the authority to control RGB lighting and cooling performance for up to six RGB PWM fans.

Click here for more information. We’ve put together a quick FAQ below.

Q: What cases fit the H170i ELITE CAPELLIX?

A: Also releasing today, our 7000 Series cases are able to perfectly accommodate the H170i ELITE CAPELLIX! Our 1000D Super-Tower and Carbide Series 678C are also compatible.

Q: What other RGB fans can I connect to the COMMANDER CORE?

A: Our SP RGB ELITE fans would be recommended, since they have an identical number of LEDs per fan to the ML RGB fans on our ELITE CAPELLIX AIOs. Having fans with a nonidentical number of LEDs will not allow lighting effects to properly synchronize when connected to the same controller. If you use our other RGB fans (LL, QL, etc.), you will require a separate lighting controller (Lighting Node CORE, or Lighting Node PRO/COMMANDER PRO paired with RGB fan hub) for them. Non-RGB PWM fans may be connected to the COMMANDER CORE's PWM ports, allowing performance control via iCUE. For more information on fan configuration with the COMMANDER CORE, please refer to our good friend Zotty's post!

Q: What's the difference between the ELITE CAPELLIX' ML RGB fans and the ML RGB PRO fans?

A: The ELITE CAPELLIX' ML RGB fans are equipped with twice the amount of LEDs than our ML RGB PRO fans, allowing for more lighting customization and smoother lighting animations/transitions.

Q: Are the ELITE CAPELLIX' ML RGB fans available separately?

A: We do not currently offer the ELITE CAPELLIX' ML RGB fans as a separate retail unit.

Who's excited to build with one of these? Feel free to shoot any questions below!

• Corsair Employees
Will there be a white version of the H170i?

Hi DougCube,

That's a fair question - I cannot talk about future releases, but we are always listening to the feedback from the community.

Similar feedback motivated us to bring the white H100i and H150i ELITE CAPELLIX to market.

Since Corsair is open to feedback, it would be nice to have magnets inside all the controller modules to make it really easy to mount and reposition. (One of your competitors does this.)

I think I'll wait for there to be a white H170i before buying the white 7000X. And if it never comes out, I'll have to go for 5000X or 4000X instead to get matching colors.

• Corsair Employees
Since Corsair is open to feedback, it would be nice to have magnets inside all the controller modules to make it really easy to mount and reposition. (One of your competitors does this.)

I think I'll wait for there to be a white H170i before buying the white 7000X. And if it never comes out, I'll have to go for 5000X or 4000X instead to get matching colors.

Thank you for the input, DougCube! Magnets do sound like a convenient addition.

@DougCube, awesome idea and I will be experimenting with magnet strips instead of other kinds of tapes etc, thanks for that one!

@Corsair, I second DougCube on wanting a white version of the H170i; thanks for letting us provide feedback and have a good one!

• 1 month later...

I also hope for a white version to match the new 7000 series white cases options.  I also believe you own products to better integrate with your cases like light strips and command pro / core.

• Corsair Employees
On 8/28/2021 at 3:37 PM, Brian S said:

I also hope for a white version to match the new 7000 series white cases options.  I also believe you own products to better integrate with your cases like light strips and command pro / core.

In terms of a Commander PRO/CORE equipped case, our iCUE 4000X/5000X/7000X RGB cases provide the necessary lighting controllers for their equipped RGB fans. The 7000X RGB specifically comes with a Commander CORE XT.

Thank you for your input, Brian S. Are you saying you'd like to see a case with lights built into it?

Not integrated lights but it would be nice to see your product better fit into your own cases like specific mounting brackets and light strips that snapped in but couldn’t be seen directly just diffused light.  How about a commander pro xl that works with 12 or more RGB fans and at least make the fans single wire or connect together optional to resolve cable mess.

Thanks for your response

• Like 1

Does this new Elite Capellix AIO cooler have the same noisy pump that can't be slowed down (according to Corsair) as the other Elite Capellix coolers, as described in the 9 page long thread of complaints about extremely annoying, rage inducing high frequency whine, that Corsair has denied, and then ignored? I really wanted to use a Capellix in my Ryzen build but decided to go with something else due to the very long thread full of complaints about extremely annoying pump whine.

If this problem, reported by many customers, has been rectified, or this Capellix has a different pump, then kudos to Corsair. If this product has the same pump with the same firmware minimum speed limitation, and the same noise problem, then Shame On You Corsair. So which is it? Same pump and firmware as the previous Capellix coolers or a new and improved version?

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/164839-request-icue-elite-capellix-lower-rpm-lt-2000-rpm-for-quiet-profile-via-firmware/page/9/