Corsair Community

Harpoon can't save DPI/lighting to device on iCue 4

On older versions of iCue, you could save DPI and static lighting to the device's onboard memory. On this latest version of iCue, I can't find this option. Is it hidden somewhere? Did Corsair forget to implement it in the software? What gives?

• Corsair Employees
The Harpoon mouse never had the ability to save hardware lighting effects to the mouse. In order to save your preferred DPI to the mouse you will need to go to the DPI setting in iCUE and then select the Hardware DPI setting and make your preferred changes there.

• 3 months later...

Thought I was going mad, because I did manage to save it on an older version and was looking to change the saved profile.

At first, I thought the initial response

On 7/1/2021 at 12:06 AM, Corsair Notepad said:

The Harpoon mouse never had the ability to save hardware lighting effects to the mouse. In order to save your preferred DPI to the mouse you will need to go to the DPI setting in iCUE and then select the Hardware DPI setting and make your preferred changes there.

was a blatant lie, then read up on it and doubted myself, but I specifically remember reading somewhere that it can save a profile, and heck I have one saved on there right now. So I roll back to iCUE 3.30.97 and lo and behold I can save ... not a profile but a static color. Corsair does let you download 3.38.61 as of writing and I have no clue if it works on that but right now, my mouse (Harpoon RGB Pro) has a default of black on it's onboard memory, followed by RGB Unicorn puke when I log in and iCUE kicks in.

Mind you, it is finicky and there is an aspect of "you get what you pay for", but for £25 and lasting 2 years I'm not complaining any time soon..

Screenshot 2021-10-20 235745.png

Screenshot 2021-10-20 235720.png