Corsair Community

iCUE installer stops at 72%

Hey, I recently bought a Scimitar mouse, and when I go to install the iCUE software, it just stops forever at 72%. Canceling the installer doesn't even close it, I have to end it in task manager. I also tried doing an older version, and that one got stuck at 73%. I googled the issue and saw a couple people with similar issues but their solutions didn't help. I also made sure the program was completely removed before trying to install the older version, including deleting registry entries. Any help would be appreciated.

• Corsair Employees
Close all programs running in the background and make sure your Windows is fully updated then attempt to install. Also make sure you are running the installer from a physical drive and that you are not attempting to run it from a network/cloud drive of some kind, or that you are not attempting to run the installer as a temporary file like Windows Edge/Internet Explorer will try to do.

This is all pretty strange. I made sure no other programs were open and ran it again, and it still got stuck at 73%. After a while I closed the installer. I went to delete the folder it creates in Program Files but it wouldn't let me, saying a program was using the files, but I saw no installer process working. Out of curiosity, I opened the .exe in the Corsair folder, and it actually opens the iCue program. It even lets me select lighting options, but when I set key assignments for the side buttons they don't work. I checked a video of someone doing it on youtube, and I was doing the exact same way. Though I imagine its due to the installer not working properly.