Corsair Community

Virtuoso SE static noise in audio playback.

Hello guys, I recently bought the Virtuoso SE.

Since then I get a static noise whenever sound plays on my pc.

I tried everything! (Even reverting to iCUE 3). Nothing works.

I will be glad if I get a solution for this.

(Also, when iCUE is off the static noise dissapears.)

Thank you and have a good day!

Edited by Bufke

Yup, this has been an issue with ICUE and corsair headsets forever, I posted about it back in 2018 with a completely different headset, now I bought the Viruoso SE and the problem STILL exists. I'm fairly certain ICUE will always just be a piece of junk and will continue to make these headsets a worse buy than the other, more affordable wireless headsets. It's a shame because the design and build quality are excellent. Unfortunately ICUE still remains the worst gaming peripheral software out there. Edited by CoreParadox

• Corsair Employee

Hi Bufke,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Have you tried forcing a firmware update to your headset? It's also worth trying a soft reset on your headset.

To soft reset your headset:

1. Make sure your headset is currently unplugged.

2. Make sure your headset is powered on.

3. Hold the Mute button on the headset down for about 15 seconds.

4. Switch the headset off and then back on.

5. Test your headset and see if the issue is resolved.

Yup, this has been an issue with ICUE and corsair headsets forever, I posted about it back in 2018 with a completely different headset, now I bought the Viruoso SE and the problem STILL exists. I'm fairly certain ICUE will always just be a piece of junk and will continue to make these headsets a worse buy than the other, more affordable wireless headsets. It's a shame because the design and build quality are excellent. Unfortunately ICUE still remains the worst gaming peripheral software out there.

Have you already tried a clean installation of iCUE?

Hi Bufke,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Have you tried forcing a firmware update to your headset? It's also worth trying a soft reset on your headset.

To soft reset your headset:

1. Make sure your headset is currently unplugged.

2. Make sure your headset is powered on.

3. Hold the Mute button on the headset down for about 15 seconds.

4. Switch the headset off and then back on.

5. Test your headset and see if the issue is resolved.

Have you already tried a clean installation of iCUE?

Did this already. Only when iCUE is uninstalled the sound is great. But I want the bass boost sound effect so I must use iCUE, I also have K95 keyboard so :/

About forcing update, its in grey so I cant use it. Though i re-installed iCUE like dozens of times, after removing all the drivers from my computer, even fresh install of windows didnt do anything to help.

Edited by Bufke

Did this already. Only when iCUE is uninstalled the sound is great. But I want the bass boost sound effect so I must use iCUE, I also have K95 keyboard so :/

About forcing update, its in grey so I cant use it. Though i re-installed iCUE like dozens of times, after removing all the drivers from my computer, even fresh install of windows didnt do anything to help.

Same boat here, tried every troubleshooting step available, even exchanged the headset, same problems

Just to confirm it happens with the EVEN PRICIER Virtuoso XT as well, the bluetooth sounds fine though.

Further, here is yet another thread about the same issue I'm fairly certain that this is probably an issue with most if not all of the headsets that use ICUE and the people who aren't reporting it either returned them, didn't use icue, or listen quiet enough that they don't notice the hiss.

Edited by CoreParadox

• 8 months later...

New Virtuoso SE owner here. What's crazy about the static I'm getting is that is it appears to start for me; as I'm in a video call or otherwise using Audio. When I start the machine; no issues, even with iCUE 4 running (I am on the very latest version of iCUE and have light towers, a Nexus, Scimitar, MM700 and several RGB Motherboard and fan peripherals from Corsair as well), until it just starts up the static. Yesterday I was in a Google Meet when it started and while listening to Spotify it started. Today it did it again during a Google Meet call. This never occurred with any previous headset (admittedly this is my first Corsair headset in a long time).

I have no RealTek audio drivers installed and I definitely have the latest versions of the software and O/S.

Rebooting the iCue 4 service does seem to help.

• 3 months later...

I'm having the same issue ever since it updated to iCue4. I'll start my computer, begin watching a video or playing a game and about 5 minutes in, bam! Static and distortion. I specifically bought this headset for Corsair's quality and the wireless factor, but this is getting old. I've clean installed, soft reset the headset and all the other tips and tricks to fix the issue, but it keeps coming back.  

• 2 weeks later...