Corsair Community

Video Lighting doesn't work if you mix and match?

I've bought the LS100 starter kit, with 2 450mm and 2 250mm strips. As my monitor is about 80cm wide, I also bought an extension kit with 2 more 250mm strips, with the idea of having one 250mm strip on each side and a 450mm and a 250mm strip along the top and bottom.

Going into the configuration, it only seems to allow 450mm strips at the top and bottom, either a single one if you have a standard monitor or two if you have an ultrawide or dual monitor setup? There doesn't appear to be any way to customise this to allow for a different setup. Having this sort of customisation seems like it should be a no-brainer, but if it's there somewhere, I'm not seeing it.

Video lighting works to an extent, but doesn't line up correctly with the screen, no doubt because it's expecting two 450mm strips at the top of the screen, rather than the 450 and 250 strips that are actually present.

So I've seen in another thread the statement that mixing and matching different strips doesn't work and that I need matching strips on any given side. Two 450 strips is too long, two 250 strips will leave a substantial gap. I note that there are extension kits with two 350mm strips, which seems about right, so do I need to invest in a couple of those to cover the top and bottom? And if I do, how do you customise the settings to let iCUE know that you're using 350mm strips, because it seems to be expecting only 450 strips to be used.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Video Lighting only works with predefined setups, not with custom ones.

It’s a long-way issue Corsair is aware of, but no luck till now.

I’d save money until a new version of iCue officially supports it.

Baio