Corsair Community

Strange Memory VTG 107662

redman

My little neice has a computer and I was thinking of upgrading. Of course, the first thing I thought about was memory and Corsair. The memory modules look like regular 168 pin memory full length modules, but are 200 pins and about 3/4 of an inch longer. They are marked as 128mb and VTG 107662. The chips are Micron 4LC8M8E1, which are FPM chips, nine of each side with what look like a tenth chip for registration. But I never heard of a FMP 200 pin module in my life. I haven't any idea what kind of memory this is and I can not find any similar on Corsair Web site. Any help will be great. (Any help but throw it away - which I may have to do.)

• Corsair Employee
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

I wish I could, but not much is marked that would help. I have been building computers for the last decade, at least. But this one is a problem. If I knew these answers, I could easy use Web site to search. My first thought was to find 200 pin modules and work back. Board can not be that old using 200 pin and it is not a laptop. Stranger yet is the module notch in the PCB is dead center. It almost looks like an old 72 pin, cut side for installation, but it has 100 pins on each side. I thought maybe RMBUS, but probably not. Sorry I can not help more.

• Corsair Employee
It does sound like its a RDRAM but I would really need to know the make and model of the system or the MB to know for sure what you have. You might contact the system builder and see what they say, and if its RDRAM, I am sorry but we no longer offer RDRAM memory.

You might want to check this reference

http://www.memorytester.com/otheradapters.html

In any event, this is an oldie and is unlikely to be a stock item from any source that sells to individuals.

The maximum density for a module like this would be 128MB (without stacking) since EDO/FPM chip densities topped out a 64Mb.

So if you found one, it would have to go in an empty slot.

You would be best off finding the computer equivalent of a auto junkyard to get something like this.

Been looking around since posting. It seems some Sun, IBM and HP servers used this memory, but haven't been able to confirm part numbers, etc. The hard part is matching the single dead center PCB notch. Have found many 200 pin non-laptop or non-sodimm memory info, but after tracking these modules turn out to have 2 PCB notches.

Archived