Corsair Community

Bugged invisible system tray context menu

there was a well known bug for the ICUE software, where system tray context menu stuck on screen and not dismissable.

i think the programmers fixed(?) this issue by just making it transparent or something.

when i open the tray context menu and after dismissed the menu,

that exact menu area is blocked, so i can not interact with

it acts like empty invisible no action attached box of the menu.

i guess the programmers didn't dispose the tray menu context properly.

known solution for now is just quit the program and re-open,

and never click the tray icon.

K-002.jpg.a823b838b75c8f8276457f4468d4938e.jpg

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, icuetrash said:

yeah pity they still have not fixed the annoying simple bug

This is not something other people report and if it were even slightly common, the thread would 10 pages long at this point.  Try the basic repair install (Windows Apps -> Corsair iCUE -> Modify).  That often cleans up weird issues like this.  If it does not work, turn on debug logging from the CUE settings and then contact Corsair Support so you can send them logs.  

On 10/17/2021 at 11:39 AM, c-attack said:

This is not something other people report and if it were even slightly common, the thread would 10 pages long at this point.  Try the basic repair install (Windows Apps -> Corsair iCUE -> Modify).  That often cleans up weird issues like this.  If it does not work, turn on debug logging from the CUE settings and then contact Corsair Support so you can send them logs.  

The problem is still there even though I clean installed newest Windows 11 and latest iCue v4.16 on a brand new SSD.

the stuck right context menu  still there. v.4 just made it 'invisible' and not fixed at all. you can't click that area.