Corsair Community

Did the latest iCue update just kill my motherboard RGB?

Spud1k

I have a computer with an MSI B550 motherboard and Cosair RGB RAM. The set-up I have uses the motherboard's two RGB headers for everything except the RAM. I have been able to get both to be synchronise in Mystic Light (through trial and error) by running both MSI Mystic Light and iCue simultaneously, with the latter with software control enabled on the RAM.

I've been running this set-up for several months and all was fine until yesterday, when I downloaded an update for iCue. I hadn't noticed it before, but after the update, the motherboard appeared in the list of devices alongside the RAM. I didn't think much of it at the time, so shut the computer down at the end of the day, but as it shut down, the lights went into this weird mode where one motherboard header appeared to not be doing anything and the other gave this headache-inducing flashing of a static rainbow pattern. But then it shut down and obviously went away.

Since powering up this morning, I've not been able to get it out of this mode. The motherboard no longer appears in iCue, and disabling iCue doesn't help. Mystic Light does recognise the motherboard, but it doesn't seem to be able to do anything. Most worrying, the flashing doesn't stop when I go into BIOS and disable the RGB control.

I'm a little worried that iCue may have strayed out of its lane and seriously messed something up. Anyone any suggestions? Is this recoverable?

• Corsair Employees
What actually occurred is the MSI provided plugin that allows us to control the JCORSAIR header on certain MSI motherboards was not compatible with the LED firmware on those boards effected. Flashing their new firmware is the resolution to the bug on their boards.
  • Confused 1

What actually occurred is the MSI provided plugin that allows us to control the JCORSAIR header on certain MSI motherboards was not compatible with the LED firmware on those boards effected. Flashing their new firmware is the resolution to the bug on their boards.

Interesting. The irony in my case is that I don't actually use my JCORSAIR header (I use the JRAINBOW headers), but it's good to know that this bug is now dealt with.

Everything is back up and running now, but the motherboard icon hasn't reappeared in iCue and vice versa, the RAM doesn't appear in Mystic Light, so I can't currently control them all using a single piece of software as I could earlier. Is this deliberate? Or is it just a case of finding the right combinations of what is running when and with what settings? Not the end of the world if I can't get them synced up, I should add; I'm just glad it's working again.