Corsair Community

5V header control

ros75

I have built a custom loop (I have used the configurator) with all Corsair elements with the exception of the GPU block as the GPU came already with it. Keyboard also corsair.

The motherboard is ASUS and I thought the integration would be seamless.

It turned out that I can control everything with the exception of the GPU block because uses 5V header which is connected to the motherboard. Even if I used the configurator with all the correct elements Corsair did not send anything to connect the GPU block.

It is so frustrating.

Also, is there an easy way to control the RGB with music?

It is so simple using AURA software but I cannot find anything in iCUE.

I am almost ready to connect everything to the motherboard and get rid of iCUE.

to use the audio effects on iCUE you need to buy a Corsair headset... (interesting marketing decision i won't comment on..)

iCue doesn't control motherboard ARGB headers, only the 12V analog ones, so you'll have to use Aura or Armoury crate for these.

Connecting standard ARGB like your GPU waterblock can be done with 3rd party adapter cables like this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/372521827376?hash=item56bc07fc30

You connect it to an RGB channed of a corsair controller (lighting node pro / commander pro) and set the channel to a device that has the same number of LEDs or close to.

EK blocks typically have 5 or 9 LEDS so you could set it as an LED strip in iCUE (10 LEDs) and it would light up, although some effects can look weird. But it lights up.

thank you for your reply.

The problem though is that I don’t have any more ports available with the standard controller that came with the case.

I have installed 2 radiators and 6 fan + cpu block and pump.

Currently I don't have space for the PSU and the GPU block and I was hoping to control them via the motherboard.

As for controlling the system with sound I found extremely unreasonable that I have to buy another unnecessary device after I bought a complete custom loop, case, psu, memory, keyboard, mouse and pad…

You start questioning, it looks great (uploaded a photo) but have I made the right decision? So far sadly my answer is NO.

3F8F9D9B-1DAC-4C0F-AF7A-862A99D80AFE.thumb.jpeg.50da7037c7f430ead71207e82366d3b7.jpeg

Update - I did some research and I was about to buy a new RGB hub when I found out that it comes without a cable and that you need to buy another hub to get the cable. This is devil. Forcing to buy a node for a cable, forcing to buy an headset to control the rgb with music, announcing an integration with asus and make it work partially! I am building a second system and decided to use a different setup. This does not make any sense whatsoever.