Corsair Community

Solve iCue/Armoury crate ram red triangle issue (easy way no regedit)

Go into the ASUS folder in program files and rename the folder ASUS_aac_dram (I changed it to ASUS_aac_dram_old), restart your pc and the red triangle will be gone. This has been tested to work with v3 and v4 of iCue.

Go into the ASUS folder in program files and rename the folder ASUS_aac_dram (I changed it to ASUS_aac_dram_old), restart your pc and the red triangle will be gone. This has been tested to work with v3 and v4 of iCue.

You also need to rename kingston_aac_dram, forgot to add this but couldn't edit my post afterwards

• Like 1

bruh...thank you

Been messing around with this for 3 weeks and this is the final solution that seems to be working...well 4 reboots in anyways.

I still need to manually launch armoury crate to get the lights on the motherboard and GPU to light up cos they go blackout as soon as icue gets control of the lighting on bootup..

Still alot easier than constanly killing and restarting ique after every reboot playing the red triangle roulette.

Made an account just to say thanks.

Much respect.

bruh...thank you

Been messing around with this for 3 weeks and this is the final solution that seems to be working...well 4 reboots in anyways.

I still need to manually launch armoury crate to get the lights on the motherboard and GPU to light up cos they go blackout as soon as icue gets control of the lighting on bootup..

Still alot easier than constanly killing and restarting ique after every reboot playing the red triangle roulette.

Made an account just to say thanks.

Much respect.

No worries, glad it worked for you too, it was really annoying me and I had to do something about it! Have you got plug-ins enabled in iCue? With plug-ins enabled iCue should just take over control of your motherboard, gpu’s can’t all be controlled with iCue so depends which one you’re running. There’s a few things to check if this doesn’t work, you may have to disable the gpu in Armoury Crate to give iCue control. To do this completely quit iCue, open armoury crate, go to the Aura tab, untick the GPU control, make sure in-game effects are enabled too as, if not, this will stop iCue taking control of the motherboard and GPU, close Armoury crate and reboot. Hopefully this helps with the other bits.

I just wanted to post here to say this fix solved my RAM issue. My RAM still will "hang" as if it's thinking of what to do, but it is able to continue on as normal. Been running for a few days with no issues.

However, this fix did mess up my Asus GPU and TUF x570 boards. When I first load into iCue they will work, but after so long they just stop working. Unlike the armory crate issue, though, these do not red triangle. But the lighting still freezes.

Strange, my x570 dark hero and 3090fe work in iCue without any issues. You shouldn’t really have any issues because my fix only hides third party ram from armoury crate stopping the conflict, do you have in-game effects enabled in Armoury crate? Also, make sure any time you need to open armoury crate you completely close iCue (right click and quit the app on the task bar and give it a few seconds to close) because running both at the same time will cause the issues that you’ve described. Edited by Parksie

Strange, my x570 dark hero and 3090fe work in iCue without any issues. You shouldn’t really have any issues because my fix only hides third party ram from armoury crate stopping the conflict, do you have in-game effects enabled in Armoury crate? Also, make sure any time you need to open armoury crate you completely close iCue (right click and quit the app on the task bar and give it a few seconds to close) because running both at the same time will cause the issues that you’ve described.

I assumed that's all it did was hide the 3rd party RAM. I need to investigate this further...

I assumed that's all it did was hide the 3rd party RAM. I need to investigate this further...

The only times I’ve had behaviour like yours was when I mistakenly opened Armoury Crate while I had iCue running and when Armoury crate decided to take back control of the gpu rgb (the box in the rgb part of armoury crate checked itself out of the blue?!?) then it kept doing what you’re describing. To solve that was a real pain in the ***! I had to turn off plug-ins in iCue and set it to not start with Windows then completely quit out of it from the tray, opened Armoury crate and checked the box to give it rgb control of the gpu, I then rebooted. Once the pc restarted, I opened Armoury crate and unchecked the box for the gpu then closed Armoury Crate and rebooted again. Next I opened iCue, went into the settings and set it to start with windows and restarted the plug-ins, this cleared whatever was going on and haven’t had any problems since. Wish I could completely uninstall Armoury crate and have working mobo rgb through iCue because it’s completely useless!

When you do that, you effectively remove the plugin to allow asus armory crate to control corsair icue. I did that in the past and the red triangle did sooner or later appeared and you must remember to do this everytime an armory crate update is installed.

I too have a tuf x570 and icue can only control the onboard LED (6 LED), nothing else. The ARGB header can't be controlled and Corsair says it's asus fault, asus says corsair need to do their homework.

Honestly, both software are just plain piece of garbage and a unified open solution would be better for everyone. Why? Open mean the community can code on it (it's rgb for god sake, there's no sensitive data) which has been proven multiple time that it does help a lot on the dev side, it also mean that anything that is already existing can be reused anywhere (for instance lighting effect, or using sensor like icue does for the ram where you can set a temperature range for the cpu or gpu) and at the sametime lowering the amount of work required for the manufacturer into having a team to maintain the solution (and having really poor software engineer and developer). Honestly, it's a win for everyone and I'm pretty sure nobody buy a piece of hardware thinking "I must buy only something that have rgb compatible with synapse/icue/ac"... Customer would be far more happy with it and sky would be the limit, while lowering cost for manufacturer...

• Like 1

When you do that, you effectively remove the plugin to allow asus armory crate to control corsair icue. I did that in the past and the red triangle did sooner or later appeared and you must remember to do this everytime an armory crate update is installed.

I too have a tuf x570 and icue can only control the onboard LED (6 LED), nothing else. The ARGB header can't be controlled and Corsair says it's asus fault, asus says corsair need to do their homework.

Honestly, both software are just plain piece of garbage and a unified open solution would be better for everyone. Why? Open mean the community can code on it (it's rgb for god sake, there's no sensitive data) which has been proven multiple time that it does help a lot on the dev side, it also mean that anything that is already existing can be reused anywhere (for instance lighting effect, or using sensor like icue does for the ram where you can set a temperature range for the cpu or gpu) and at the sametime lowering the amount of work required for the manufacturer into having a team to maintain the solution (and having really poor software engineer and developer). Honestly, it's a win for everyone and I'm pretty sure nobody buy a piece of hardware thinking "I must buy only something that have rgb compatible with synapse/icue/ac"... Customer would be far more happy with it and sky would be the limit, while lowering cost for manufacturer...

Actually, that’s incorrect, it just stops armoury crate controlling ram rgb not all rgb which is where the conflicts come from, if you’re using iCue and Corsair ram you don’t need armoury crate to have control of that anyway. I could technically switch off plug-ins in iCue and give armoury crate control of my x570 dark hero board and 3090fe gpu if I wanted but what would be the point when iCue perfectly syncs both even with the iCue lighting link profiles? Mine has been working fine for over a month now with this fix and I have updated armoury crate and iCue with no issues (tested in iCue v3 first then v4) and the red triangle only comes back if I rename the two folders mentioned above back to their original names proving that is where the issue lies.

I actually really like Corsair products so have no issue with iCue, especially now it works perfectly and one of the main reasons I bought the dark hero board was for the integration with iCue, I was really pleased to find out that the rgb on my 3090fe could also be controlled by it so I had a one-stop program for all of it. Like I say, I wish I didn’t have to have Armoury crate installed because it really is one of the worst programs I’ve had the “pleasure” to use!

My x570 tuf pro is suppose to have icue integration. The only thing it can control are the 6 led onboard that I nearly don't see and the rgb led strip header (not argb, the rgb which are 1 color only). So this is useless for me, I cannot co trol my fans and watercooler that are connected to the argb headers.

I currently have only icue installed, no lighting service or armory crate service. And I just had the triangle problem before I posted. It's been on and off. And that's when it just not decide to forget all my configuration or my ram placement.

Unified is the way to go, and open is the best way to go for everyone. Close sourcing like it's doing right now and with each there own implementation is the worst. It's just argb, we've been controlling these on a lot of other device for decade and all using unified protocole.

My x570 tuf pro is suppose to have icue integration. The only thing it can control are the 6 led onboard that I nearly don't see and the rgb led strip header (not argb, the rgb which are 1 color only). So this is useless for me, I cannot co trol my fans and watercooler that are connected to the argb headers.

I currently have only icue installed, no lighting service or armory crate service. And I just had the triangle problem before I posted. It's been on and off. And that's when it just not decide to forget all my configuration or my ram placement.

Unified is the way to go, and open is the best way to go for everyone. Close sourcing like it's doing right now and with each there own implementation is the worst. It's just argb, we've been controlling these on a lot of other device for decade and all using unified protocole.

Have you had Aura, Armoury Crate or lighting service installed because they are a real PITA to get rid of once you have, believe it or not ASUS themselves recommend a fresh install of windows if you want to get rid of it fully?!? Is the Tuff fully supported by iCue? I can select 4 different IO LED’s, 2 PCH and 2 RGB headers in iCue with my board. Like I say I’m over a month the only way I can get the red triangle error back is by changing the name of those two folders back to their original names, apart from opening armoury crate when I had iCue running which locked up the iCue plug-ins I’ve had no other issues at all.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021/6/21 at AM3點34分, Parksie said:

進入程序文件中的ASUS文件夾,將文件夾重命名為ASUS_aac_dram(我改成ASUS_aac_dram_old),重啟電腦,紅色三角消失。這已經過測試,可以與 iCue 的 v3 和 v4 一起使用。

Thank a lot. 

Finally fixed my problem....

BTW, The strange thing is my old 16G*2 dominator platinum is no issue for half year,

But I meet this issue after I update to from my old 2 sticks to another dominator platinum 16G*4.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

YOU ARE A SAINT! ABSOLUTE LEGEND

I have been battling this issue for almost a year now and you've just saved my stressed out mind from incinerating all my corsair kit.

seriously, thank you so much

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 3:54 PM, Gabbatek said:

YOU ARE A SAINT! ABSOLUTE LEGEND

I have been battling this issue for almost a year now and you've just saved my stressed out mind from incinerating all my corsair kit.

seriously, thank you so much

No problem, glad I could help

• 1 month later...

problem has now resurfaced again. All the folders are renamed but the issue has come again.

• 1 month later...

This Fixed my problem with my Dominator Platinum's. Thank you all. After months of trying and searching, fixed. You guys are awesome. Renamed my ASUS_aac_dram folder and exited the AISuite, turned "plugins" off ICue. Restart IcUE and worked. No MORE RED TRIANGLE OF DOOM.

• 4 months later...
On 2/17/2022 at 10:38 AM, Gabbatek said:

problem has now resurfaced again. All the folders are renamed but the issue has come again.

same here.