Corsair Community

Which RGB LED strip for Commander Pro

Kannan

Hello all,

I'm new to Corsair products and bought a Commander Pro primarily to adjust the fan speed.

I would like to know which Corsair RGB LED strip should be purchased which Commander Pro can drive directly without any hubs? I tried searching for it in the forum but seems like all of them require a Lightning Node.

If possible do please post the product SKU number or link to the product page.

This is what you want - https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/iCUE-CONTROLLERS/CORSAIR-RGB-LED-Lighting-PRO-Expansion-Kit/p/CL-8930002

The basic Corsair Strip Package comes with a LNP because some type of controller is required. However, the Commander Pro fills this role as well. These strips can chain up to 6 per RGB channel. The Commander Pro has 2 RGB channels. The extensions in that package above are extremely useful for any case medium sized or above, but they do not have to be used.

Thank you very much. I will get this one.

Does the iCUE needs to be running all the time for the colours or effects to be changed or will these get stored in Commander Pro's memory and iCUE doesn't need to run in the background?

Edited by Kannan

The Commander Pro has internal storage for basic patterns. You will be able to chose any of the presets or a basic color. For strips, this is what most people do anyway. You do need to the software if you want to run 7 stacked effects in some complex pattern.

In CUE the section for non-CUE operation is called "Hardware Lighting". When you select an effect, it is saved automatically. The normal effects for when CUE is running are right above in the "Lighting Effects" tab. You can then set CUE not start on boot and it will run the Hardware Lighting pattern from power on until shutdown.

Edited by Corsair HP
core to pro
  • Like 1