Corsair Community

FAN PWM Repeater 6 Port

Question, I have Corsair 5000x case and I have 10 fans, the case came with 6 Port Pwm Fan repeater, can i connect 6 of my fans to the PWM repeater and connect the PWM repeater to commander pro and able to control it? the last remaining 4 fans would be connected directly to the commander pro.

And Which port number should I connect my Xd5 Pump PWM connector to the commander pro?

Thank you

Yes, this works and that is the way to use the repeater -- like a powered splitter for one group of fans.

Corsair recommends the XD5/XD3 connect to Commander Pro port #6. This then prompts the CUE program to provide you with specific Hydro X Pump and fan presets. You do not have to use those and if for whatever reason you need to put the XD5 on a different port, you will have full PWM control. I came up short on connector length and went to #1. There is no change in functionality aside from not being able to use Hydro X curves.

Yes, this works and that is the way to use the repeater -- like a powered splitter for one group of fans.

Corsair recommends the XD5/XD3 connect to Commander Pro port #6. This then prompts the CUE program to provide you with specific Hydro X Pump and fan presets. You do not have to use those and if for whatever reason you need to put the XD5 on a different port, you will have full PWM control. I came up short on connector length and went to #1. There is no change in functionality aside from not being able to use Hydro X curves.

Hi there. Thank you so much. This clears up much on how to wire my pwn fans and pump. I just had enough plugs for my fans. Cheers

I have mine setup to control my 6 fans that are on my 2 360 rads in the case. That way one channel of the CoPro controls those fans, they are setup as intake, and then 3 channels for the exhaust fans, one channel for my RAM cooling fan and the last controls my pump.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Larry Tuell said:

would you plug the XD5 into the repeater

No.  Your desired pump RPM will have a drastically different range than the standard case fan.  You want the pump on its own header for control.  The PWM repeated can be connected to any PWM port.  I have mine on #3, simply because it is controlling fans in the middle of the case.  However, for the Corsair XD5 it needs to be on Port #6 of the Commander if you want to use the Hydro X presets.  Otherwise, it works on all the other headers as well.

On the repeated, the #1 fan (or sometimes a dot) is the control fan for the group.  That fan will dictate the speed passed on to the others.  That makes pairing fans with different maximum speeds a bit tricky and you may need to place a specific fan on #1 to either boost speed of one type or limit it on the other.