Corsair Community

Does the h150i capellix cooling fits in a coolermaster h500m case with msi z490 ace ?

MichielGTX

Reason why i am asking this is i have seen threads that some motherbords vrm heatsinks are blocking the radiator and fans for clearance. because i really want my rad on top inside the case with the fans under it is that even possible with a msi z490 ace do i get in clearance problem ? can someone corfirm this ?

You might be better off chasing this down from the Cooler Master side of things. The radiator is standard ~30mm and the fans 25mm. This is the same as most other AIO units. The top clearance is going to be case specific, so if another H500M owner says they can fit a radiator up top, then it likely works for you as well. Maybe there is another H500M owner in here, but it may not be a quick resolution.

That is a large case and I would be completely stunned if you can't top mount a radiator. A quick image search shows others with top mounted AIOs. However, one of the trickier aspects of any of these dome top cases is what to do with the fans. The top is supposedly designed to house the fans above the case frame, but besides hiding RGB fans it may also introduce another layer of resistance to the fans by placing them in close proximity to the top panel.

You might be better off chasing this down from the Cooler Master side of things. The radiator is standard ~30mm and the fans 25mm. This is the same as most other AIO units. The top clearance is going to be case specific, so if another H500M owner says they can fit a radiator up top, then it likely works for you as well. Maybe there is another H500M owner in here, but it may not be a quick resolution.

That is a large case and I would be completely stunned if you can't top mount a radiator. A quick image search shows others with top mounted AIOs. However, one of the trickier aspects of any of these dome top cases is what to do with the fans. The top is supposedly designed to house the fans above the case frame, but besides hiding RGB fans it may also introduce another layer of resistance to the fans by placing them in close proximity to the top panel.

Exactly this it would be a shame to hide these beautiful fans from the h150i.

I hope i can fit them under the radiator inside the case with full view of the fans, the msi z490 ace vrm heatsink is not that huge so hopefully it should all fit.