Corsair Community

Need recommendation for replacement of H110iGTX

MikkiYool

Hi all. I have an H110iGTX in my computer right now (5 years old) and every once in a while a problem will flare up where it kicks into high gear and stays there while I'm playing games. My PC generates a lot of heat to begin with so it's not uncommon for my game room to be around 85f without air conditioning, but when this thing is going full blast, AC doesn't help at all.

Can anyone recommend a new radiator system? I haven't worked with hardware for about 15 years so I don't even know where to start.

TiA

Mikki

edit: I never overclock

You can assess the H110 GTX coolers health by observing the "H110i GTX Temp" to the right of the pump. This is the coolant temperature. It should idle about 5-7C above your room temperature and may increase 6-10C during gaming, mostly as the internal case temperature increases. However, if you boot up the PC and the coolant temp continually rises up to 50C or above, that suggests a flow problem with the cooler. I would not be overly surprises if your GTX is starting to show its age at this point.

Assuming nothing has changed with your case, the like for like replacement is the new H115i Elite AIO. It will be a 280mm radiator like before. What has changed is we are now immersed in the RGB world. The special OLED pump display on that unit means the internal control are now in a separate device. This can be a boon for you as well. That device is a 6 fan PWM speed controller as well as a 6 fan RGB controller (for Corsair fans). It also comes with 2x140 ML-Elite RGB fans. If RGB is of no interest, you might see if you can find a H115i Pro. This was the next cooler after the GTX/v2 series and has a good track record for reliability. Simple LED pump ring that can be turned off. ML-Quiet fans (no RGB). This should cost notably less than an Elite since it is both older and comes with less hardware.

However, be aware there is no solution for the high ambient room/case temp. That is the minimum possible temp for all components and increases there are additive. If you CPU temp average in a 20C room is 45C, then increasing the baseline to 30C will add +10C to the CPU/coolant as well. You are going to see high coolant temps in a hot room. In that situation, you will want to take manual control of the fans. The preset fan curves were designed for a 20-23C room in normal operating conditions. They will trigger 100% fan speed at 40C coolant temp. You can soften the top end by making a custom curve and then lowering the higher values.

The H115i Platinum is a few years old now and was just replaced by the H115i Elite (Yes, the names are all quite similar). If pricing Plat. Vs Elite is similar, you should get the Elite. This is not because of a leap in performance, but with the Elite you get a 6 fan PWM and RGB controller and a fairly stylish OLED pump. You get more in the package vs the Platinum.

On the other hand, if the Platinum is considerably less expensive or you have no interest in RGB or a Corsair stand-alone fan controller, then there is nothing wrong with the Platinum. For the record, the Platinum also has two RGB fans, RGB pump cap, and an internal RGB controller for those fans only. I do feel the Elite is more versatile with an external controller with a 6 fan capacity. This will do speed control for any other PWM case fans — Corsair branded or not.

I get ya. Thanks for that. I'm gonna stick with the Plat. I'm not too worried about the RGB aspect. I have the Plat installed and now I just need a new case. Mine is designed in a way that I have to put the fans to the outside and the way it's put together, one of the fans is rubbing the radiator constantly. The temp went from 46 to 24 with this new radiator so yeah, the old one was goin bad.