Corsair Community

This is driving me crazy (Headset drama)

A few months ago my trusty corsair void wireless headset started falling apart, ear cups flaking, battery no longer holds any charge and mic became loose. I've owned this headset since its release and found it to be the best sound quality for long gaming sessions, massive respect to corsair for this amazing headset, loved every minute of it.

After doing a little research I purchased the corsair void elite wireless 6 weeks ago since mine was no longer available, expecting an upgrade I thought these would be better but the sound seems a step back from my original void headset no matter my settings. I spoke to the online retailer I purchased the headset from, they suggested the corsair virtuoso as they advised the sound quality was very good. I was out of the 14 day return window so i bit the bullet and ordered the virtuoso SE.

Same thing again, better sound than the void elite I have to admit but i still felt like these were a step back compared to my original void headset plus they are closed cups which im not a massive fan of, mic was very nice though!!

Am I missing something vital or all all these newer headset inferior to the older models? Please stop me spending more money on headsets I can't use, I need a working solution to my retired void.

On a sidenote does anyone know where I can source a brand new classic CA-9011132 model void wireless? No one seems to stock them anymore, as I understand they are a legacy product :[pouts:

• Corsair Employees

Hi ch00b,

Your original VOID Wireless had Dolby 7.1, which may be the difference you're experiencing. You can try the 30-day trial with Dolby Access (for Dolby Atmos with Headphones) to see if it replicates similar audio quality to your original VOID.

Otherwise, you can adjust your headset's EQ settings via iCUE - there are various presets you can select from or create a fully custom one to tailor to your ears. Another option would be Windows Sonic for Headphones.

Thanks for the suggestion Albert. However i already spent 3 weeks messing around with various configurations on the elite and an even shorter time doing this with the virtuoso as most were already set up due to previous attempts. The closest ive got is with the virtuoso but its still lacking.

I never tried the dolby atmos but will give that a try and report back.

Hi ch00b,

Your original VOID Wireless had Dolby 7.1, which may be the difference you're experiencing. You can try the 30-day trial with Dolby Access (for Dolby Atmos with Headphones) to see if it replicates similar audio quality to your original VOID.

Otherwise, you can adjust your headset's EQ settings via iCUE - there are various presets you can select from or create a fully custom one to tailor to your ears. Another option would be Windows Sonic for Headphones.

As suggested the dolby atmos worked, ive tweaked the virtuoso so this is headset i'll be using (mostly because it would hurt me to have a £180 paper weight lol).

Still not as good as the original void I think personally but its acceptable for gaming at least. Thanks for the suggestion :sunglasse

• 3 weeks later...
A few months ago my trusty corsair void wireless headset started falling apart, ear cups flaking, battery no longer holds any charge and mic became loose. I've owned this headset since its release and found it to be the best sound quality for long gaming sessions, massive respect to corsair for this amazing headset, loved every minute of it.

After doing a little research I purchased the corsair void elite wireless 6 weeks ago since mine was no longer available, expecting an upgrade I thought these would be better but the sound seems a step back from my original void headset no matter my settings. I spoke to the online retailer I purchased the headset from, they suggested the corsair virtuoso as they advised the sound quality was very good. I was out of the 14 day return window so i bit the bullet and ordered the virtuoso SE.

Same thing again, better sound than the void elite I have to admit but i still felt like these were a step back compared to my original void headset plus they are closed cups which im not a massive fan of, mic was very nice though!!

Am I missing something vital or all all these newer headset inferior to the older models? Please stop me spending more money on headsets I can't use, I need a working solution to my retired void.

On a sidenote does anyone know where I can source a brand new classic CA-9011132 model void wireless? No one seems to stock them anymore, as I understand they are a legacy product :[pouts:

Same situation :(:

I have a pair of Void Wireless Yellow model of 2015.

Since then I can't find a good substitute that provides equal/better sound and surround, I tried different brands.

I'm considering to buy the new Void Elite Wirless.

Can you confirm that neither the new Void Elite nor the Virtuoso can provide same or better performance compared to the old Voids?

Ps. Are the Void Elite Wirless compatible with Dolby Atmos?

Edited by MGIV