Corsair Community

HD RGB 120 Loss of Lighting and iCue Control

I could use some help plz. I recently updated to iCue 4 and it took some getting used to but I don't think had much to do with what I am experiencing.

What happened was, I started to build a separate PC and decided to pull one of my HD RGB 120 fans off of my Commander Pro and RGB Hub's. When I removed what I thought was fan 6, it turned out to be fan 4 or 5. All I know is the two fans next to the one I pulled went dark but still spun.

I currently have no fan speed control or lighting on a single fan and there are 5 left in my case all HD 120 RGB.

I have tried uninstalling iCue and clearing registry and localappdata and deleting any corsair folders. I have done that 2 or three times each time after moving the sata power connectors.

My PC is eerily quite now but thankfully still cool since the fans at least spin.

The LEDs work in series, so if you pull a fan in the middle you’ve broken the circuit. You’ll need to move fans 5 and 6 up one position so the hub order is 1-5. You may also wish to adjust the lighting set up from HD x 6 to x 5. Failing to do some will not prevent the fans from working, but it add a pause at the end as it virtually renders the missing 6th fan.

Fan speed PWM should not be affected by the lighting side. They are two separate circuits and power sources.

Thank you,

I had a feeling it was for breaking the series. Can I hot-swap these connections?

I actually removed the connections for the ones next to 4, and then told iCue software I was on an X3 fan setup and those did not light up either.

What does that mean?

I also should note that when I open iCue the commander pro requires the same firmware update everytime I make a change in the cables.

That is concerning and I can’t think of a legitimate reason for this. Go to CUE settings and turn on debug logging, then contact Corsair Support.

I hit swap the RGB all the time without issue. Unsure on the official stance regarding this.

That is concerning and I can’t think of a legitimate reason for this. Go to CUE settings and turn on debug logging, then contact Corsair Support.

I hit swap the RGB all the time without issue. Unsure on the official stance regarding this.

I turned on Debbuging and I will contact support.

I should note that the commander pro has the H150i plugged into its USB connector.

For some reason since the iCue4 update and this issue began. iCue is detecting that I have a Hydro X cooling system and I don't.

The pass-through ports on the Commander are just that — pass through with no device to device connection. Connected there or elsewhere should not change anything about the lighting.

The Hydro X thing is a known bug and it does it to most people on first install. You can ignore it and it’s not related to what’s happening to the HDs. The Hydro X protocol creates an extra set of fan and pump presets for Corsair custom water cooling.

Most fan lighting issues are a problem on one specific fan or occasionally the hub supplying 5v power. However, the repeating firmware request is unusual and I’m not sure how that factors in.

• Corsair Employees

I would not disconnect or plugin anything while the system is on. RGB is not technically hot-swap, and it could cause a current spike damaging LEDS.

As for the Commander Pro, try performing a repair of iCUE, if it continues create a ticket.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044638712-How-to-Fix-unresponsive-macros-and-remaps

Please reach out to our support staff by opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com