Corsair Community

Icue Profile - copy/paste help

I loaded a profile off the net for my rgb vengeance pro ram and it is currently using 2/4 ram sticks for the effect. I believe the profile was designed to use just 2 ram sticks, so I'd like it to show the same effects in all 4 of mine. Can someone tell me how to do this please? Is it as simple as copy/paste? I'm using icue4.

...so I'd like it to show the same effects in all 4 of mine. Can someone tell me how to do this please? Is it as simple as copy/paste? I'm using icue4.

Is this a new rig or the first time you've installed ICUE? If so, maybe you haven't set up the DIMM setup to show 4 sticks of RAM. Simply go into the "DIMM Setup" (first click the Vengeance RAM icon) and tell ICUE you have 4 sticks ("1 x 4" option).

Sounds strange that only 2 sticks were used when building the profile (hence why I suggest to check the above first) but it should be a simple matter of going into the "Lighting Layer" entries (click "Lighting Effects" to show them). Next click the first entry shown under "Lighting Layers" and use your mouse to rubberband the depiction of the 4 RAM sticks (i.e. select all 4 RAM sticks). Do this for each entry in the list and you should be set to go.

As above. What you need to do might also depend on the effect. A single lighting effect is easy to apply to the other modules. In CUE there are clear boxes to do so, replacing the need to CTRL + Left Click drag over LEDs. However, a downloaded profile from someone else could be very complex with multiple lighting elements designed to work in a certain way. Custom lighting effects with specific LED per second timings may be affected when the number of modules is changed.

Is this a new rig or the first time you've installed ICUE? If so, maybe you haven't set up the DIMM setup to show 4 sticks of RAM. Simply go into the "DIMM Setup" (first click the Vengeance RAM icon) and tell ICUE you have 4 sticks ("1 x 4" option).

Sounds strange that only 2 sticks were used when building the profile (hence why I suggest to check the above first) but it should be a simple matter of going into the "Lighting Layer" entries (click "Lighting Effects" to show them). Next click the first entry shown under "Lighting Layers" and use your mouse to rubberband the depiction of the 4 RAM sticks (i.e. select all 4 RAM sticks). Do this for each entry in the list and you should be set to go.

There's about 13 entries and I don't think I'll be able to rubberband it without messing it up along the way. Is there any other way?

Yes, tell us where you got the profile from so we can look at it on our end.

I attached it. If somebody here looks at it you have to rename the file back to Fire2.cuefolder (it's currently Fire2.cueprofile). I don't know why you aren't allowed to upload .cuefolder.

The one I am looking at is "Fire" out of the 3 in the group in the folder. If anyone knows a good fire cue profile also that would be helpful. This ones pretty good but there might be a better one somewhere.

Fire2.cueprofile

I appears to have been written specifically for 2 modules, however the two are really just clones of each other and not a more complex independent lighting scheme for each module with different timings to simulate the 'flicker' of fire. It was not necessary for the creator to do this as two sets of lighting effects.

The faster resolution here is take one of each color and apply it to the remaining two modules in the same way. If you select the effect in the left menu, the picture will show where that effect is applied. You MUST hold down CTRL + Left Click drag to apply it to more sections. If you simply left click, it will remove the effect from ALL sections. There are 4 sequential effects in 4 colors. Each is applied to select LEDs for the RAM.

One suggestion I will make is to take the original effect that is applied to module 1 and apply it to module 3. Then take the duplicate effect applied to module 2 and apply that one to #4. That may allow you add in the appearance of randomness by changing speeds in the presets for the sequential effects. You might not, but it doesn't take any more time to do it this way.

If you are looking for other profiles, you may want to look here. There is a lot of stuff spanning several years. However, this author usually programs for multiple devices and configurations. That is a lot of extra work, but this is the reason why it is needed.

I appears to have been written specifically for 2 modules, however the two are really just clones of each other and not a more complex independent lighting scheme for each module with different timings to simulate the 'flicker' of fire. It was not necessary for the creator to do this as two sets of lighting effects.

The faster resolution here is take one of each color and apply it to the remaining two modules in the same way. If you select the effect in the left menu, the picture will show where that effect is applied. You MUST hold down CTRL + Left Click drag to apply it to more sections. If you simply left click, it will remove the effect from ALL sections. There are 4 sequential effects in 4 colors. Each is applied to select LEDs for the RAM.

One suggestion I will make is to take the original effect that is applied to module 1 and apply it to module 3. Then take the duplicate effect applied to module 2 and apply that one to #4. That may allow you add in the appearance of randomness by changing speeds in the presets for the sequential effects. You might not, but it doesn't take any more time to do it this way.

If you are looking for other profiles, you may want to look here. There is a lot of stuff spanning several years. However, this author usually programs for multiple devices and configurations. That is a lot of extra work, but this is the reason why it is needed.

OK, I'll try to get into it tomorrow and make this work. Thanks for your help!