Corsair Community

DFI NF4 Ultra-D & TwinX1024-PC3200XLPro

Lennefelter

Was wondering if there are any known issues with the combination of DFI NF4 Lanparty UT Ultra-D mobo and 2x512MB of Corsair TwinX1024-3200XLPro set up in duel channel? As in any booting issues, and will the advertized low latency timings of 2.2.2.5 actually work or will I have to loosen them? Any recommendations for Dram set-up will be greatly appreciated.

2x512MB of Corsair TwinX1024-PC3200Pro? As in any booting issues, and will the advertized low latency timings of 2.2.2.5 actually work

The C2 Pro's are rated at 2.5-3-3-6 on an AMD system.

Your Sig shows that you are running the 3200XL's.

Are you thinking about adding a gig of the C2's to the XL's?

They won't run @ 2-2-2-5 and 4 sticks would only run at 333MHz.

Also these 2 sets would'nt work together anyway (different IC's).

I only have 1Gig of the 3200XLPro in 2x512MB. Not trying to add another gig or anything. I am just having some problems currently with the XLPro. When installing Windows XP Pro booting freezes at the "set-up is checking system hardware" screen. DFI Street has so many complaints about this ram I had to come here and see for myself. I have tried some pretty tame timings to see if it would run, but it still wont boot. I cant even run Memtest86 to see whats going on.

Here is the ram I have: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145524

Archived