Corsair Community

CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 XMP won't boot

Hi all,

Just swapped from CMK16GX4M2D3600C18 Vengeance LPX 16GB 3600MHz to CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 3600MHz and I'm having an issue.

XMP profile will not boot, just says OC failed.

If I manually select 3600MHz it still fails. If I manually select 3500MHz, it will boot and run fine. Annoyingly I can't get it to the stated 3600MHz, any ideas please?

I have flashed the latest BIOS.

Running MSI z390 TOMAHAWK and i9-9900k.

Many thanks!

sometimes old secondary timings get carried over to the new sticks causing all sorts of mayhem.

try to reset bios to default, reboot, then load XMP again, to make sure you start clean. It worked for me, worth a shot :)

sometimes old secondary timings get carried over to the new sticks causing all sorts of mayhem.

try to reset bios to default, reboot, then load XMP again, to make sure you start clean. It worked for me, worth a shot :)

Thanks for that, tried it this morning, still fails.

Any other thoughts, or is there just some issue with this particular ram?

Been reading about 'Z' 'D' corsair ram, not sure it's the issue here but you never know.

Many thanks!

Have you tried rolling back to the previous stable release of your BIOS?

Are you OCing your CPU?

Hey, yes I was on a previous bios and it was stable and it was running 3600mhz on the other LPX 16GB 3600 Corsair ram.

The CPU was overclocked. At one point I restored to default to test so assuming I have tried both options.

Thanks!

Edited by Nipwahh