Corsair Community

H150i Elite Capellix CPU Fan Error

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a Corsair H150i Elite Capellix through Newegg and was able to install it with ease. However, I'm finding that if my PC is shut down for a prolonged period of time and I boot it up, the H150i does not power on and will result in a CPU fan error.

As soon as I shut the PC down and power it back on, then the H150i will finally turn on (fans, rgb, and pump head) without a CPU fan error. This happens every time I've left the PC off for a period of time (~1 hour). If I shut the PC down after getting the H150i to power back on and then turn my PC back on, it will continue to turn on after every boot.

I've doubled checked all of my connections (SATA power, USB, and the CPU fan header cable) and even tried connecting them on different SATA connections, USB connections, and fan headers. I am only able to replicate the issue when my PC has sat for ~1 hour without powering it on. Listed below are my specs:

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900k

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB

Cooling: Corsair H150i Elite Capellix

Corsair tech support suggested updating both the Asus Motherboard's BIOS firmware and the Capellix's firmware. Both are now up-to-date and I still am having the same issue.

Any help on this would be appreciated. If I am unable to solve the issue, I will likely submit a RMA request to Newegg.

The Elite coolers pass power through the Commander Core to the pump via that wide cable on the end. I would disconnect it and reconnect (while powered down). Aside from that, it looks like there is a power problem and I would contact Corsair or exchange it. The CPU boot error part is concerning as well since that often indicates a device level problem.