Corsair Community

Rearrange node core?

Is there any way to rearrange node core/commander pro?

In Lighting link icue lights up from back 3fan than front 3fan instead of front 3.

My node core (ll fan) is connected to commander pro (sp elite).

219536084_Screenshot2021-06-05154734.thumb.png.1ca78643a07089b26b668b04872a14a4.png

Not through the software. It must be done physically and there is a hidden device hierarchy. It is not the order listed in CUE. That is load order when the program starts and if you disconnect one, it jump to the front on reconnect.

Off hand I can’t remember if the LNC is before the Commander Pro, but to force it to run Lighting Link sequential effects in your preferred order the fans must match on the controllers. If you want it to start on the bottom front fan, then that fan must be on LNC #1 and then progress from there. If your Lighting Link visor or color wave is starting at the back, then that controller is 1st. The LNC and Commander can control all fan types, so you are not stuck with what came in the box. You will still need to split the LL and SP-Elite on separate controllers.

i think NO. i dont know, but if it works, where's the problem? aesthetics? (i suppose)

Aesthetics

Not through the software. It must be done physically and there is a hidden device hierarchy. It is not the order listed in CUE. That is load order when the program starts and if you disconnect one, it jump to the front on reconnect.

Off hand I can’t remember if the LNC is before the Commander Pro, but to force it to run Lighting Link sequential effects in your preferred order the fans must match on the controllers. If you want it to start on the bottom front fan, then that fan must be on LNC #1 and then progress from there. If your Lighting Link visor or color wave is starting at the back, then that controller is 1st. The LNC and Commander can control all fan types, so you are not stuck with what came in the box. You will still need to split the LL and SP-Elite on separate controllers.

That means i should plug my ll fans on rgb hub & sp elite on node core?

Note-I plug my node core on commander pro instead of direct motherboard usb.

Edited by sagor

Connecting the LNC to the Commander or MB directly does not matter. It is a literal passthrough and there is no device to device communication there.

If you want to the SP-Elite to go first in sequence, then I believe they should be on the LNC. You can verify that before hand. If the LL are on the LNC and they go first now, then you would swap the fans to the other controller.

Connecting the LNC to the Commander or MB directly does not matter. It is a literal passthrough and there is no device to device communication there.

If you want to the SP-Elite to go first in sequence, then I believe they should be on the LNC. You can verify that before hand. If the LL are on the LNC and they go first now, then you would swap the fans to the other controller.

Just did.And it works.

Btw do you have any idea whether ql fan fin light bright like sp series fans or just dim like ll series?

The QL is essentially a double sided LL with a diffused light ring on both sides. That makes it very similar to the LL in appearance, although I would say the QL color tone is slightly more neutral than the decidedly cool LL. However, I would never describe them as dim. I have 6 and it’s plenty of light. You may be noticing perceived differences because the SP-Elite has 8 center mounted LEDs compared to the 4 on LL and all earlier fans. That creates something of a bright center, which may or may not be appealing.

The QL is essentially a double sided LL with a diffused light ring on both sides. That makes it very similar to the LL in appearance, although I would say the QL color tone is slightly more neutral than the decidedly cool LL. However, I would never describe them as dim. I have 6 and it’s plenty of light. You may be noticing perceived differences because the SP-Elite has 8 center mounted LEDs compared to the 4 on LL and all earlier fans. That creates something of a bright center, which may or may not be appealing.

It seems dim to me maybe because of side panel is more tinted compare to front glass on 4000x.Should i buy 3 more ll or ql?I will sell the sp eite.

I generally recommend the QL over the LL for most new purchasers. There really isn't a downside to the QL compared to LL. However, if you already have LL then that changes things. 3 QL and 3 LL means you still need two controller hubs to keep them separate, just like with the SP-Elite. If you are running 3 LL front intake and 3 LL top exhaust, the ring side is likely visible for all 6. That makes it a viable choice for that arrangement.

I generally recommend the QL over the LL for most new purchasers. There really isn't a downside to the QL compared to LL. However, if you already have LL then that changes things. 3 QL and 3 LL means you still need two controller hubs to keep them separate, just like with the SP-Elite. If you are running 3 LL front intake and 3 LL top exhaust, the ring side is likely visible for all 6. That makes it a viable choice for that arrangement.

Top does not support 3fans.I have 2 top & 1 on the back.

Nevertheless thanks for your valuable suggestion.I will gonna buy 3 ll fans & sell the node core on 2nd hand market.

Btw last question all the fans on ring side shows black spot all over the ring when it lights up.

I am not sure is it because of it's getting old (less than 1year) or just a hard dust.Please suggest me cleaning technique.I tried with wet fabric.

• 2 weeks later...