Corsair Community

a200 cpu-z values / memory timing

http://www.boerdijk.org/images/2021/corsair/cpuz-a200-scaled.pnghttp://www.boerdijk.org/images/2021/corsair/gpuz-a200-scaled.png

For anyone interested, the cpu-z and gpu-z values for an a200.

CPU performance is quite nice, compiling a project which took something like 3m20s on the i160 (i9-9900k) now takes 2m sharp on the a200.

I see 1600Mhz for DRAM frequency (DDR, so *2?) and Max Bandwith of DDR4-2667 (1333Mhz).

Could someone more knowledgeable on memory chime in on if these values are expected?

Edited by kalmiya

Your memory runs at 1600MHz, and transfers 2 bits of data for each clock cycle (Double Data Rate). 3200MHz RAM is actually a misrepresentation that everyone has just accepted, you get 3200 Mega TRANSFERS (MT/s) of data at clock rate of 1600MHz.

Linus (from LinusTechTips) and Dr. Ian Cuttress (TechTechPotato) just recently went back and forth on this lol.

another side note: The 5900x has 2 Hexa core processor 'chiplets' that communicate with each other and the memory controller through the 'Infinityfabric'. For best performance it should run at the same speed as the memory controller which runs at the same speed as memory.

The fabric usually tops out at 1800MHz, unless you want to overclock it, so installing 3600MT/s (1800MHz) RAM will boost performance while installing 4000MT/s RAM or faster will actually hurt performance because it has to pull the fabric out of sync with the memory /controller

This was bothering me a bit... so I did some research...

This Thread

Basically that is telling you the Max bandwidth of the RAM kit w/o XMP, because that is technically overclocking your RAM. You are actually running 3200MHz CL18 RAM.

Still doesn't makeup for the fact that Corsair is using mislabeled, bottom of the barrel ram in a $4400 system.

Guest techildllc
This was bothering me a bit... so I did some research...

This Thread

Basically that is telling you the Max bandwidth of the RAM kit w/o XMP, because that is technically overclocking your RAM. You are actually running 3200MHz CL18 RAM.

Still doesn't makeup for the fact that Corsair is using mislabeled, bottom of the barrel ram in a $4400 system.

For real. You should be getting C16 or even C14 timing memory at 3200MHz or C16 timing memory at 3600MHz. Not this crap C18 they snuck in there!

Hey kalmiya,

The memory is validated to run in the system without issue at the stated 3200 MHz speed. If you have any issues with stability, please feel free to reach out to our support team, we'd be happy to help you!

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks for the reply, I didn't mention any stability issues, I just wasn't sure how to interpret the numbers. The link posted by Azureblood explains quite nicely what is displayed (thanks for posting that).