Corsair Community

trying to use 2 lighting node pro's

Hey guys

lighting node pro (1) had ch1 rgb water block, ch2 has the rgb pump reservoir

lightting node pro(2) has ch1 4 ll140 rgb fans , ch2 has 6 ll120 rgb fans

all corsair

the problem is the ll140 rgb fans brand new when started up the were all red

no mater what I set them to the stayed red so I said ok will look into that later

I made a few changes to my new 5900x cpu and through a few boot sequences the RGB on the ll140's all blew out fans still work just the rgb is all hosed now on the 140's the others on the same lighting node pro are working fine

I spent a lot of $$ to get this rgb going now I need to buy more 140 rgb's :(

has anyone had problems with the corsair rgb frying out ?

Probably not 6 blown RGB fans. That would require some type of electrical event with widespread consequences. However, the RGB lighting does work in series, even if it is not always so obvious as fans 1-2-3 on and 4-5-6 off.

Try swapping the RGB cable from port 1 with the one in port for (for Ch 1 and the LL140s). If Fan 1 has a problem, the new 1-2-3 should be OK and 4 may be dark or some odd mix of color. If that does not do it, then you may need to test each fan on port 1 to find the problem.

The other possibility is the LNP or more likely the RGB Lighting Hub has a problem. This could make all fans appear red/dark or something else. Another way to test this is to swap the LL140s into slot #6 on the second RGB Lighting hub with the 120s. If the fans is OK, it will be OK there. Likewise, moving a perfectly fine LL120 over to slot 1, channel 1 might make it act strange. That would point the finger directly at the RGB Lighting Hub.

• 2 months later...

just an update here been a while I had grabbed  a thermal take sata cable and its pin configuration is different on the PSU side from corsairs what a big headache lots of $$ but now I got spares 🙂 

3 hours ago, Graymin said:

just an update here been a while I had grabbed  a thermal take sata cable and its pin configuration is different on the PSU side from corsairs what a big headache lots of $$ but now I got spares 🙂

Oh, yes, this is super-bad-mojo. DO NOT mix PSU cables; Very Bad Things(tm) happen when you do this.

Fortunately, Corsair's PSU cables are pretty well standardized across the product line (unlike some other manufacturers that I won't mention). This is one of the reasons why every PSU in my machines (five of them) are Corsair.

• Like 1