Corsair Community

H100i not being detected by iCUE

So I've got the cooler USB cable plugged into a Commander PRO. RGB's on the cooler are working however not being recognized by iCUE - therefore can't control fans or RGB. When I plug the cooler directly into a USB header on the MOBO however, iCUE seems to recognise the cooler. Is this a known issue with the Commander PRO and certain motherboards not recognising the pass-through on the USB header through the Commander PRO? If so, how can I fix this?

Is this a known issue with the Commander PRO and certain motherboards not recognising the pass-through on the USB header through the Commander PRO? If so, how can I fix this?

Yes, X570 (and some x470 with BIOS updates), B550 and B450 MBs often do this. Apparently they are little light on the USB spec and passthrough stuff almost never works. Some users have trouble with direct connections as well. Most solve this by using a SATA powered USB hub to bolster the signal. These typically cost less than $20 and there are several long threads in the CUE section where users talk all the different ones they have tried.