Corsair Community

Virtuoso XT Wireless audio cutting out

Hey guys, I just bought a pair of XTs last night. I’m using them wirelessly with the dongle but audio keeps cutting out pretty frequently. Im 3 feet away from the receiver and tried moving the dongle to different ports with no success.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Edited by Censored_

Hi Censored_,

What is the current firmware version of your VIRTUOSO XT and its USB dongle? Is there any other wireless devices near your system - such as a router?

Headset firmware: 5.11.88

Dongle firmware: 5.5.102

My router is 15-20 feet away from me to my left.

• Corsair Employees

You may be experiencing some interference from your router. If you have a laptop or system elsewhere, you can try using it in a room further from the router to see if the signal clears up.

I also suggest updating your iCUE to 4.12.214 to see if it provides any improvement.

You may be experiencing some interference from your router. If you have a laptop or system elsewhere, you can try using it in a room further from the router to see if the signal clears up.

I also suggest updating your iCUE to 4.12.214 to see if it provides any improvement.

I am having the same issue.

iCUE 4.12.214

Virtuoso XT 5.11.88

Virtuoso XT Receiver 5.5.102

Listening to music with the wifi receive and it keeps cutting out.

Tried to play Apex and the audio kept cutting out.

Just got my headset today and probably going back soon.

• Corsair Employees
I am having the same issue.

iCUE 4.12.214

Virtuoso XT 5.11.88

Virtuoso XT Receiver 5.5.102

Listening to music with the wifi receive and it keeps cutting out.

Tried to play Apex and the audio kept cutting out.

Just got my headset today and probably going back soon.

Have you tried connecting the dongle to different USB ports? Especially one that maintains a line of sight with the headset. I would also avoid connecting to a USB hub/dock.

• 4 weeks later...

WOW! I had the same cutting out issue with another headset i got and there was NO good solution. I was getting the same issue with this headset and was pretty upset. THIS WORKED THOUGH! Thanks so much!

I would highly recommend QAing future products closer to WiFi routers though, as, living in a small apartment, it's not always easy to spread devices out.

• 5 months later...

i think just only me have issue like this

evidently this product is defect and have major issue

before i using Virtuoso XT, i have Virtuoso SE. that product so clean and so smooth no have any issue 

buit while change to Virtuoso XT so annoying have that trouble