Corsair Community

Corsair AX1600i - Not Turning On

Since yesterday, my PC won't turn on at all. No lights, no fans spinning, nothing.

I used the "self-test" feature on the AX1600i and it works when I unplug the 24-pin connector (as it should) - green light shows up on the PSU - but leave all the other cables connected.

However, when I connect the motherboard cable (24-pin), the PC doesn't turn on at all.

On the motherboard itself (EVGA SR-3 Dark), I get an error code of "E2" when I hold down the "Reset" button for 4 seconds.

I'm not sure how to diagnose the issue. Please help!

Dead motherboard?

The PC was working perfectly fine all this time - it was turned off (with the PSU switch on the 'OFF' position) for about 10 days.

Tried turning it on yesterday and this happened.

How do I tell if the mobo is indeed dead or if it's some other issue? I even removed the GPUs from the system and it still won't turn on.

E2 is "Video Repost"

https://www.evga.com/support/manuals/files/160-CX-W999.pdf

no idea what it stands for exactly but.. video may be a clue :)

do you have a spare GPU to test with?

I removed both GPUs from the system - still won't turn on. The moment I plug in the 24-pin connector, the system does not turn on - no fans spinning, no lights, nothing.

I don't think it's the GPUs.

I even reseated the CPU to no avail.

Just an update - it was the CMOS battery. Got a new one and plugged it in - system started right up and everything is working perfectly! :)

That is unusual as the CMOS battery is a mature technology and usually lasts longer than the average service life for a motherboard.

Nice to see its figured out.