Corsair Community

iCue prevents Windows from shutdown

Everytime I want to shutdown my PC iCue is blocking it completly. There is no error message but a windows prompt to close the program because it's not responding. I was hoping that updating from 3.x to 4.x will fix the problem but nah. This problem is new, in some version of iCue (last year) I hadn't the problem.

Unfortunately there is no

possible in this forum:

Operating System: Windows 10 Education 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor (16 CPUs), ~3.8GHz

Mainboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming

Memory: 32768MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

Device Name: Corsair Gaming K95 RGB PLATINUM Keyboard

Name: Creative Sound Blaster Audio Controller

The keyboard is indeed connected via USB3. All drivers are up-to-date, of course.

I don't want to run any script at shutdown nor do I want to run any program in admin mode.

I pay a massive amount of money for your products, so just keep the software running without any bugs. Probably I have to get back my money.

Just think of all the systems running your buggy software and preventing from shutdown. Let's say 1M customers are affected and all the people have to run additional 1-3 minutes their systems to wait for the shutdown. That's ~1.9 years additional power consumtion with 1 minute waiting time and ****ing our environment just for a one time shutdown, some people restarting their system many times a day.

Be green, fix your software!