Corsair Community

Corsair ML120 Pro compatible with Icue?

Helios-T

At the moment i have 10 Fans in my PC

3 ML120 on my Corsair elite Capellix 150i and 7 QL120

All connected with Fan Splitters to the Commander pro.

I want to change them to 7 Corsair ML120 Pro 75 CFM 120 mm Fans

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/wPFXsY/corsair-co-9050041-ww-750-cfm-120mm-fan-co-9050041-ww

and 2 Corsair ML140 Pro 97 CFM 140 mm Fan

https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/product/ycH48d/corsair-co-9050046-ww-970-cfm-140mm-fan-co-9050046-ww

Now my question is, does the Commander pro work with these Fans?

If i plug them into the fan part of the Hub will i be able to control them in Icue to change and adjust the fan speed.

I have looked around for the last few hours but i can't seem to find a real answer on them, no videos or forum really explaining it.

so i made an account here in the hopes of getting an answer! :biggrin:

For fan speed control, this is no problem. It's a PWM fan and each will be controllable. However, you entering into a different lighting configuration. "ML Pro RGB" fans are 4 center mounted LEDs. Your ML-Elite fans are 8 center mounted and the QL an odd 16/34 asymmetrical double sided. They do not match all that well with what you have, but possible to make them work with the ML-Elite if in limited numbers.

Why do you want to change? No fan performance difference between the Elite and Pro at like speeds. A ML is a better radiator fan than a QL, but on a 360mm radiator the difference will be hard to measure. Maybe 1C. That's a hefty trade off to sacrifice 7 QLs, both in terms of lighting and money already spent.

(crap i accidentally deleted my reply to you)

But thanks again!

I wanna go with less RGB and with fans that have a higher CFM intake.

Therefore, as long as i can change between quiet and extreme in Icue, im gold to go :D

You probably want to get off the presets entirely. With an AIO on the Commander Core and H150i (coolant temp) as the control variable, you are OK. Even then, most people will want to make a custom profile so they can tweak idle speed levels or maximum.

If you go the Performance Tab and hit +, it will reveal a graph below. In the corner are three shape tools that correspond to the three presets. Click one and it maps for you. Same as before, but now you can see and edit the points.

Oh that's a good one, thanks!

Im going to change the H150i fans too.

I have a few fan splitters too, with 4 or 5 splitters, will i be able to plug al fans in the H150i hub? Or am i going to need the Pro for this.

I've been cautioning people about loading up the Commander Core when it is also being used with one of the Elite AIOs. If you blow part of the circuit board, you could knock out power to the AIO part. The pump gets it's power through the Commander Core as well and that means less overhead compared to say a Commander Pro in standalone.

What most of us have moved over to is using a powered PWM repeater on one of the PWM headers. This is a 4-10 fan circuit board that repeats the PWM signal for all the other fans. They are inexpensive (under $20) and are very useful for when you don't need independent or paired fans. This is becoming much more common in this larger cases with multiple triple panels. In your 5000X, you should already have one. Use that to offload 3-6 of the fans and put the rest on the 5 remaining Commander Core headers.

Oh my PC Case came with one, it can hold 6 fans.

But what im thinking of is plugging the USB from the H150i hub in the commander Pro, and plug my fans in the pro as well.

That way i can easily adjust all fans without going into the BIOS and keep track of them.

Atleast i do hope that the Non RGB ML120/140 fans ( https://pcpartpicker.com/product/LkJkcf/corsair-co-9050040-ww-750-cfm-120mm-fan-co-9050040-ww )

Will be detected by Icue. If thatsl works, its all i need

Almost any fan from any brand will be detected and controllable for speed on either Commander. The two hang ups are the Commander Core is PWM fans only and there is a small group of Euro spec PWM fans that don’t always respond to control signals. This group includes select Noctua Industrial fans, BeQuiet Silent Wings, and some of the EK Vardar models.

The Commander Core in theory can use the USB pass through on the C-Pro, but you have a X570 MB so that is a little more iffy. Some of them are lean on power at USB port and detection of the device can be an issue. In this case I don’t think you’ll actually need the Commander Pro and you can make it work with the Com Core + PWM hub. If you do want both, be prepared to try direct connections to the MB or look at powered USB hubs.