Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE, bad mic quality

So i just got myself Corsair Virtuoso wireless se headset and the discord mic quality is really bad and quiet in wired and wireless mode. Ive tested the mic quality with a recording and it sounds perfectly fine so it has something to do with Discord.

The following things i tried already:

- Remove Realtek Audio drivers

- Update ICue, Headset + Dongle

- Reinstalling Discord

- Ticking and Unticking Audio enhancement settings in Discord

- Trying out browser Discord

I would totally appreciate any help.

• Corsair Employees

Hi Apuuu,

Do you have "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" enabled in your VIRTUOSO's properties?

You can check your VIRTUOSO's properties by opening Sound settings (can be searched in Windows' search bar)> Sound Control Panel (right side)> Recording> Select VIRTUOSO SE and click "Properties">Advanced.

• 9 months later...

I have this same issue and looking for solution. I’ve tried all the above and after that didnt work, I reinstalled windows 11, then icue and all the windows and icue updates, then installed discord and NOTHING ELSE. Completely clean and fresh install with nothing but windows discord and icue. This happened to me on my virtuoso rgb after working fine for a year and a half, I then bought a new virtuoso xt and have the exact same issue. Discord says it’s a certified device. If I talk long enough people say my voice will all sudden get louder, then a moment later it’s too quiet to hear again, nothing I do makes this happen, only talking. It worked fine for so long.