Corsair Community

Corsair SF750 vs SF600 passive cooling

Tuscany

Long story, short - I have sandwich layout case (Sliger SM550) with Ryzen 9 5900X and 6800XT. While load seems to be bearable, I find my Corsair SF600 Gold spinning unreasonable fast. Even with idle load of 60W, my SF600 still spins and it spins at audible speed. I have old topic, where a very helpful fellow forum member said that this non-stop spinning might be due to peripherals + higher temps, since 3.3v and 5v rails don't have passive cooling.

Since testing the PSU out of the case is not an option (I have custom cables), I wonder if replacing my SF600 Gold with SF750 Platinum will improve the situation with passive cooling. This is very important - I don't mind fan spinning under load, but I definitely hate it seeing it spinning at 60W.

So, is the passive cooling capabilities of SF750 better than the SF600 Gold?

• Corsair Employees
Long story, short - I have sandwich layout case (Sliger SM550) with Ryzen 9 5900X and 6800XT. While load seems to be bearable, I find my Corsair SF600 Gold spinning unreasonable fast. Even with idle load of 60W, my SF600 still spins and it spins at audible speed. I have old topic, where a very helpful fellow forum member said that this non-stop spinning might be due to peripherals + higher temps, since 3.3v and 5v rails don't have passive cooling.

Since testing the PSU out of the case is not an option (I have custom cables), I wonder if replacing my SF600 Gold with SF750 Platinum will improve the situation with passive cooling. This is very important - I don't mind fan spinning under load, but I definitely hate it seeing it spinning at 60W.

So, is the passive cooling capabilities of SF750 better than the SF600 Gold?

Please list your components.