Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso not charging

I was just trying to charge my Virtuoso headset last night and when I had been charging them for about an hour the battery indicator still said "Battery critical" and I have no idea why. The headset had been charging completely normal the other day and I have no idea if it's just a problem with my headset or the battery indication.

• Corsair Employee

Hi NoahEriksson3,

Can you try doing a soft reset on your VIRTUOSO headset to see if it will address your issue?

To soft reset your headset:

1. Make sure your headset is currently unplugged.

2. Make sure your headset is powered on.

3. Hold the Mute button on the headset down for about 15 seconds.

4. Switch the headset off and then back on.

5. Test your headset and see if the issue is resolved.

I have already tried that and the battery indicator is still showing critical despite having charged for a couple of hours. The battery is charging because I have used it for some time but the battery indicator is messed up. I think it's something related to the new ICUE update but I can't be for sure because it still shows critical with an older update of ICUE on my laptop.

Also the headset thinks it has low battery because the LED's have shut off and the battery indicator LED is flashing red.

Edited by NoahEriksson3

Hi NoahEriksson3,

Can you try doing a soft reset on your VIRTUOSO headset to see if it will address your issue?

To soft reset your headset:

1. Make sure your headset is currently unplugged.

2. Make sure your headset is powered on.

3. Hold the Mute button on the headset down for about 15 seconds.

4. Switch the headset off and then back on.

5. Test your headset and see if the issue is resolved.

I have already tried that and the battery indicator is still showing critical despite having charged for a couple of hours. The battery is charging because I have used it for some time but the battery indicator is messed up. I think it's something related to the new ICUE update but I can't be for sure because it still shows critical with an older update of ICUE on my laptop.

Also the headset thinks it has low battery because the LED's have shut off and the battery indicator LED is flashing red.

• 3 months later...

i have praticly almoste same problm with the incicator.

it  is fully chanrged by the night before, after usingi for 1 hour, the lady says battery low ?? after some time  attery critical and the mic led is red flashing.

i am now going to let it go until its is realy out of battery. and if i could use it the hole day, than this means that the software is not reaading

the battery state of beeing. so needs to be adjust to work properly.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...