Corsair Community

H150i ELITE CAPELLIX FANS QUESTION

Hey guys! so i just got a new corsair aio for the first time! i have been playing Warzone alot and have had no issues with the cooler atall! I played assasins creed valhalla for the first time today and all my rgb started flashing and i started to get notifications in icue saying (device is working in failsafe mode) TEMPS were only at 77, why is this happening and can i adjust the (failsafe) bracket ?

So to summarize here:

1. It overheats when you play Assassins Creed: Valhalla?

2. Your fans doesnt go over 1100RPM?

How are your fans connected? To the Commander Core?

yes this is correct Johan, i have them connected to the commander core, rgb one side, fans the other side

Having you tried setting a specific PWM percentage in iCUE? 100%? (rather than setting RPM).

And while your fans should be going faster, that's not the root cause of your issue. I suspect that even if your fans were moving at 2400 RPM, you'd still have the same problem. You have a coolant temp over 50C and, based on what you've told us, I'm pretty confident in saying that it's due to the waste heat from your GPU going through the radiator. This can actually warm up the coolant - which is kinda not what you are looking to do. Try reversing the fans to intake ...

Note that you can also use the single temp probe that comes with your Commander Core to get a reading of the interior case temperature. I'd bet it'd be quite high.

Yes i have tried all 3 settings percentage, temps and rpm ive i try lower everything it works but wont go any higher. if my fans should be going faster, why arent they? and is there anything i can do to fix this ? my internal case temp is 27.8 degrees Edited by Psychonaut1994
enter to early

Yes i have tried all 3 settings percentage, temps and rpm ive i try lower everything it works but wont go any higher. if my fans should be going faster, why arent they? and is there anything i can do to fix this ? my internal case temp is 27.8 degrees

If your internal case temp is 27.8 right now ... I highly doubt that it's that low when you are playing Assassin's Creed. And where are you getting that measurement from? I can tell you from experience that the case temperature can vary by quite a few degrees in different parts of the case, even small cases.

This is a really common issue with AIOs in exhaust. The GPU heat kills them. After all, GPUs, especially top-end ones, will put out more heat than a CPU. Easy. Think about it ... where is that GPU waste heat going? It's getting dumped into the case. And where is the air coming from that's cooling the radiator? The interior of the case. What happens if the air that is going through the radiator is warmer than the coolant in the cooler? The coolant will warm up to the temperature of the air going through it. It's physics and arguing with it is absolutely pointless.

Ahem.. That 65 RPM pump speed on the first screenshot is what worries me the most tbh.. it should be incapable of running slower than 2200 RPM on capellix coolers?

that sawteeth temp curve looks like CPU throttling because of it. Can you check on the AIO controller (the commander core) if the large side connector is fully plugged in?

The pump does not draw power from the MB. It gets its voltage from the SATA connector. The 2 wire connector back to CPU fan (or wherever) is to report a pump speed to the BIOS. The MB expects this or it will not allow you to boot up. If this is a power delivery problem, then both the fans and pump should experience power drops. If it is just the pump, then we are probably looking for a different root cause. Based on what you've stated, it seems like the fans will not perform as expected either and an inability to reach maximum speed suggests a power deficit there as well.

I think the area to focus on is the SATA connector and the PSU. Try a different cable or line from the PSU if you can. Do you have any other devices on that SATA ribbon cable? Are they performing normally?

They don't close threads here and someone will come along and tack on the back end 5 years from now. However, your resolution may have value to someone else. Most users face the same series of basic problems and solutions and these things come up on a regular basis.