Corsair Community

Corsair Void RGB Elite, why do i hear myself talking?

Got my sister a pair of "Corsair Void RGB Elite" for her birthday (with cable)

we are now trying for an hour to get this thing to work properly. first the mic was just bad, we had to turn all bars up so it would even register talking into it, it was very quiet and chopped off.

After some settings in the windows sounds i could finally get it to work properly but now i hear myself talking from the headphones, why does input and ouput sound at the same time?

When i plug in my 15$ Logitech crap headset, i don't have any issues at all and the voice also comes out much louder at the other end.

Unless there is a solution to this, i fear we have to return it to the shop, it looks really cool and the sound quality is good, but i think the microphone is just garbage or unnecessary complicated to set up correctly.

And yes i also tried to download the icue software and turned down the sidesound to 0, doesnt change a thing.

• Corsair Employees

Hi

Are you using a dock/passthrough/extender, or is it plugged into I/O?

Have you raise the mic levels in your sounds control panel?

Did you update your audio drivers?

Also, do you have the listen to this device enabled, it would be in the recording tab, right click on your device, and then select properties.

Go to the listen tab, and make sure that listen to this device is disabled and unchecked.

Also, do you have the listen to this device enabled, it would be in the recording tab, right click on your device, and then select properties.

I think it was indeed this option, i got it to work now after playing around for another half hour trying all sort of varieties on microphone sensitivities, it is still a bit quieter than my logitech but at least it works on an acceptable level now.

Nope, still doesnt work properly, she used it for a while now and it keeps getting quieter/louder randomly, she now uses her old logitech again because people in discord suddenly cant hear her anymore.

I have never been happy with the microphone on the Void Elite RGB headset. To get enough pickup registering you have to shout to the point where even if you talking to someone on another continent they could probably hear you without the mic anyway. You only have to look at the Test your microphone level indicator in Windows sound settings to know you are getting nowhere.