Corsair Community

HX850i v. HX1200 Cables

scipio206

I recently built out a new system but due to part shortages, I reused an HX850i that was in my old system with the expectation that I would move up to a higher wattage PSU when one was available for MSRP. I picked up a set of white cables for the HX850i to match my white ICUE 5000 case. I also ordered a custom white 12 pin cable for my FE 3090 from cablemod that is arriving soon.

I managed to scoop up an hx1200 recently after not seeing any HX1200i's for a while, but realized after the fact that apparently there are some cable differences after having originally planned on just reusing these new white cables. I see from the corsair compatibility chart that the only difference should be the 24-pin ATX. But I wanted to confirm that before pulling this apart or running the risk that I damage anything. I was also concerned about using the white 12pin I had ordered for the HX850i with the HX1200.

The other general question would be whether the HX1200i has been discontinued, as it would be nice to just swap out the HX850i and not have to disturb my cable management. I see them on amazon and newegg, but they are all from third parties and grossly marked up.

Edited by scipio206

AFAIK HX and HXi are still being sold given they are rock solid power supplies. I have an HX1000i and it still delivers fine.

HX and HXi use type 3 cables so do not sweat with a box of cables like I have. Only the newest PSU with type 4 are with the 2x12 cable, the PCIe, EPS12V and peripherals are the same.

AFAIK HX and HXi are still being sold given they are rock solid power supplies. I have an HX1000i and it still delivers fine.

HX and HXi use type 3 cables so do not sweat with a box of cables like I have. Only the newest PSU with type 4 are with the 2x12 cable, the PCIe, EPS12V and peripherals are the same.

I saw this page listed in another thread and it appears as though the HX1200 I picked up (model number CP-9020140) uses a type 4 cable. I saw the same thing too when I was looking at custom cables through cablemod:

http://www.jongerow.com/Corsair_PSU_hierarchy/specs/HX-Platinum.htm