Corsair Community

iCue 4.0 should be an absolute embarrassment for Corsair

I decided to upgrade the fans that came with my 4000d Corsair case to the 3pack LL fans they sell at Best Buy. Upon installation I see that only half of the side of the fans light up! I think, "could this be a bad LED on each fan?". Obviously the odds of that would be great so I decide to google....

Oh boy did I find ALOT of people talking about how bad iCue software is and I decide to instead not go down that path, but to roll back and do a clean install of the iCue 3.0 version (which I used to use). Well, holy hell.. the freaking lights work with that software!

Now I say, "Hey let me clean up my registry settings after doing an uninstall of 3.0 and go back to 4.0 thinking that maybe adding the 3 fans while using 4.0 could be the problem". NOPE the fans lights only light up the left half again. And before the mods chime in saying its my system and that it works for them... I saw a guy post a registry fix for users who use Asus who can never get their lights to work correctly. After his recommendation it fixed my issue a few weeks ago. See: https://forum.corsair.com/Forums/showthread.php?p=1092164

I mean c'mon Corsair you want to be a publicly traded company, but your QA department must be none-existent or in another country. How embarrassing it must be to not have a single developer be able to properly check against what QA is testing (if you even have a QA department). Now I'm not here to say down with Corsair as I do believe everything else you do as far as build quality is great, but at this point iCue 4.0 is just putting lipstick on a pig.

How embarrassing for you it must be. I feel sorry for the people in Corsair's software team to have to stand behind all this bad code.

How embarrassing.

Oh, and before anyone says, "Well you have to go into regedit or you have to go into your services"....

No, I don't! As a consumer and a potential shareholder it is up to Corsair to properly make this work out of the box with a 'zero touch' installation. Anything else is just an excuse.

At no point do you list what controllers you are using, how you tried to connect them, or anything else that would aid someone in resolving the issue. There is no CUE 4 bug that makes half the fan light up. That would affect everyone. However, you do not appear to looking for help. Edited by Technobeard
cleaning up thread

how would you respond to a customer who sent the above written statement to you? There is insufficient information to solve or even approach the problem. It's mostly a rant and you have made several assumptions without even a basic knowledge of the components. My response was a reminder you are in a public user forum, so no one has to help you. The link for the Corsair Support System is below.

Corsair Support Ticket System

Edited by Technobeard
cleaning up thread

I’m not looking for a resolution as going back to the 3.0 software works. I don’t think you understand that my post is intended for the employees at Corsair to see this feedback. Edited by Technobeard
cleaning up thread