Corsair Community

H115i Elite Capellix Pump low buzzing noise

Hi,

Just set up my new build minus the graphics card, switched on to see if everything was running OK and noticed that the H115i elite capelix pump was emitting a low frequency buzz, similar to 'mains buzz'. This is pretty annoying and is overpowering all 6 of my QL 140 fans.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

That's absolutely shocking. My old H100i v2 is whisper quiet. So this is really how it actually is suppose to sound. I was about to RMA it. I suppose I could ramp the fans up to try and mask the buzzing sound. Corsair defo need to improve on this product.

• Corsair Employees
Hi,

Just set up my new build minus the graphics card, switched on to see if everything was running OK and noticed that the H115i elite capelix pump was emitting a low frequency buzz, similar to 'mains buzz'. This is pretty annoying and is overpowering all 6 of my QL 140 fans.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Hello there,

Im sorry you are experiencing this. Can you doublecheck that it is mounted tightly? We have seen some issues with noise on the AM4 plattform where its not been tightened enough and creating resonance.

Hello there,

Im sorry you are experiencing this. Can you doublecheck that it is mounted tightly? We have seen some issues with noise on the AM4 plattform where its not been tightened enough and creating resonance.

I only hand tightened initially. I have now used a screwdriver and tightened to the point that force will be required in order to turn the screws. The noise remains exactly the same.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
Hey, check your thumb screws on your pump, if they are all the way tight, try unscrewing them about 1/4 a turn and see how they sound after that. It's hard to tell over the videos, but these appear to be fairly normal. that quarter-turn may help a little bit though.

• 8 months later...

Hrm.  Im torn.  I have one too, a h15i elite.  My wine is barely existent but under high load its there.  Is it possible there is air/bubbles in the cpu block....

I might take the unit out, hold it up so the cpu block is full of water and the remaining air goes and stays in the radiator while reinstalling

Since you have high wine noise I figure you may have a little more air trapped in your block?  Theory thrown down.  Ill take it out and reinstall in the next couple days.  

If its not this then its the pump wining.  Im pretty sure my cpu block is on there securely.