Corsair Community

i7200 BIOS updates?

Recently purchased a Vengeance i7200 Prebuilt (with i9-10850K) that came with pre-installed BIOS version E7C75IZ1.2CV with a date of 3/19/21.

Noticed on Corsair's website that they have 2 listed BIOS updates:

2CP (dated 1/28/21)

2CV for 11th Generation (dated 3/23/21)

However, MSI has this listed for the Z490-A Pro:

7C75v29 (dated 4/22/21)

Assuming the 2CV installed is the same as the 11th generation 2CV listed on Corsair's website, does that mean the PC's BIOS was installed incorrectly (i9-10850K is 10th gen)? Not sure how that would even work.

Furthermore, could one just download MSI's latest version, or are we restricted to specifically Corsair's BIOS, i.e., they limit to their own versions?

Couldn't tell ya what's going on with Corsairs site, but you have to get the bios from them. They're using a 'custom' bios, and the one from MSI won't install.

It'd be nice if they'd provide some release notes with the bios. I have the same config, but the one you have installed is probably the 11th gen they have listed. I'm on 2CP from 1/28. Curious to know what was updated.

Edited by cyclonesworld

Curious, I attempted to install 2CV. It wouldn't let me. Just kept saying "For providing better bios functionality and quality, the system will not allow to restore BIOS with old version after flashing this target BIOS" every time.

Probably not missing much.

Yeah, so strange. I asked a Corsair rep on another forum, and he said that the newer BIOS 2CV adds 11th generation Intel CPU support. Strange that you are unable to install it? I would imagine 2CV supersedes whatever is the older one (2CP).

We've been waiting on Corsair to provide bios update to include resizable bar support for a while now.

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203342

While everything else is almost top notch, this lack of clear communication and lackluster bios situation makes me want to skip Corsair next time.

I completely agree with this sentiment. I have the perception that Corsair intends absolutely no actual customer support. They are doing the absolute minimum. Clearly Corsair is not a gaming enthusiast company or they would be all over this issue and be providing communication and support towards resizable bar.

I believe I have spent north of $12K on Corsair systems over the last few years. I think I will also look elsewhere. What a bust. Total shame.

• Corsair Employees

Hey Guys,

Please update your BIOs to the latest version via our web site. They should now have support for Resizable Bar. Our systems use a custom BIOs so you won't be able to use the BIOs from the motherboard manufacturer's website.

In order to utilize resizable bar, you will need to download and update the VBios from the GPU manufacturer's website as well as have the latest NVidia Drivers as well.

Hey Guys,

Please update your BIOs to the latest version via our web site. They should now have support for Resizable Bar. Our systems use a custom BIOs so you won't be able to use the BIOs from the motherboard manufacturer's website.

In order to utilize resizable bar, you will need to download and update the VBios from the GPU manufacturer's website as well as have the latest NVidia Drivers as well.

So the BIOS for BOTH the i7200 and a7200 are updated for resizeable bar now? That is great news if true. I will definitely check it out tonight after work. It would be nice if Corsair would do a detailed video/walkthrough of exactly how to do this because I for one have never flashed a motherboard BIOS or a GPU BIOS. That would be of great help to many of your customers myself included.

Thanks!

Hey Guys,

As mentioned in the other thread I was completely bricked (no bios access/rebooting every few seconds) after flashing this new bios. Had to reset the CMOS and was able to recovery flash back to 2CV and I'm stable again. Not sure what's going on but it did display an unstable memory overclock after resetting the CMOS (even though I was on all defaults).

Edited by ElendilAndurilz

I upgraded my i7200 Bios tonight with no problem using Mflash from MSI bios screen. I also upgraded my Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC vBIos as well. First time doing either and i was scared but it went well. Haven't checked if resize bar actually works but will tomorrow.

I upgraded my i7200 Bios tonight with no problem using Mflash from MSI bios screen. I also upgraded my Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC vBIos as well. First time doing either and i was scared but it went well. Haven't checked if resize bar actually works but will tomorrow.

Good to know. I'm on a 3090FE with an 11900k so might be an issue relating to the different setups. Let us know if you get resizeable bar up and running, it should be visible in the system information of the nvidia tray.

I'm having trouble actually updating the BIOS for some reason.

I downloaded the i7200 BIOS update from Corsair (link)

Then I unzipped the folder and copy and pasted the E7C751Z1.2CA file to an empty USB flash drive. (which is formatted FAT32)

Then I restarted the computer, hit the DELETE key to enter the BIOS, and clicked on the M-Flash icon in the BIOS screen. From there, I noted that my current bios is from October 2020, and the new one is from May 2021. I clicked on the E7C751Z1.2CA to begin the update process. I clicked through two different messages - both times hitting OK. At that point, the BIOS update should have began, but nothing happened.

Any ideas why the BIOS won't actually update? I just keep getting sent back to the directory screen after clicking OK on the pop-up messages.

Pardon my stupid question but did you have the USB stick inserted into a motherboard USB slot? If so maybe try a different usb driver or reformat it and try again? Sorry it's not working for y'all.

Good point. No, I had my USB plugged into the yellow USB port on the top of the computer. I'll try connecting it to one of the rear USB ports directly on the motherboard.

Good to know. I'm on a 3090FE with an 11900k so might be an issue relating to the different setups. Let us know if you get resizeable bar up and running, it should be visible in the system information of the nvidia tray.

This weekend I checked in my Nvidia Control Panel (System Information on bottom left of Control Panel) and it said Resizeable Bar - NO

So I googled and found out I have to enable it in my motherboard BIOS settings as per:

https://www.msi.com/blog/improve-performance-with-resizable-bar-now-available-for-msi-geforce-rtx-30-series-graphics-cards

So I booted into the new BIOS and enabled the 4G mining & Resizeable Bar as the above link from MSI recommends. After doing so when I went back into Nvidia Control Panel it says YES now!

So I can confirm that after a successful Motherboard BIOS update and a vBIOS update of my Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC & enabling it in the new BIOS, it will show that Resizeable Bar is a YES!:D:

Looking closely at the link PeterZ posted (... i7200-11Gen-MSI-Z490-A-PRO ...) it seems this .2CA version of the BIOS is for the 11th Generation CPU; not my 10th Generation. What is the link for that?

They way I got to my BIOS page is I configured my exact PC again from:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Systems/CORSAIR-VENGEANCE-i7200-Series-Gaming-PC/p/CS-9050014-NA

Then once configured exactly like mine I clicked VIEW DETAILS which is next to add to cart. It took me to here:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Systems/CORSAIR-VENGEANCE-i7200-Series-Gaming-PC/p/CS-9050014-NA?qty=1&productCodePost=CS-9050014-NA&CSRFToken=04df2b49-f46f-422c-a21e-c5dedbf50704

I then scrolled down and clicked on the Downloads tab which is right beside Overview/Tech Specs/ and it showed me a list of downloads:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Systems/CORSAIR-VENGEANCE-i7200-Series-Gaming-PC/p/CS-9050014-NA?qty=1&productCodePost=CS-9050014-NA&CSRFToken=04df2b49-f46f-422c-a21e-c5dedbf50704#tab-downloads

The 11th Gen Bios link it gave me from there is:

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/Vengeance-PC/7000-Series/i7200-11Gen-MSI-Z490-A-PRO/V_i7200_Z490A_BIOS_2CA.zip

When I configure a 10th Gen setup and click through Downloads it gives me this file:

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/Vengeance-PC/7000-Series/i7200-11Gen-MSI-Z490-A-PRO/V_i7200_Z490A_BIOS_2CA.zip

So as another user pointed out, they seem to be the same file regardless of which Gen Processor you have.

Checking the Official MSI motherboard bios downloads page:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z490-A-PRO#

It doesn't list separate BIOS downloads for 10th and 11th Gen Chips so I am guessing they should be same? And if you look down to the MSI BIOS version 7C75v28 from Feb 202, it says under description:

Description

- Update ME 14.1

- Support Re-size BAR function to enhance GPU performance including the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3000 series and others.

- BIOS updated to be compatible with 11th Gen Intel Processors

- Improved compatibility of PCIe-based devices.

To me, this proves that the same BIOS will update 10th or 11th Gen chips.

Now why the Corsair BIOS updates are not working for some people, I have no idea unless they did not pick the correct download link.

Just checking in to mention I did download the 10th generation BIOS update for my I9-10850K CPU.

Maybe there's a problem on Corsair's side when they created this BIOS update, and it's not detecting the CPU properly or something?

Just checking in to mention I did download the 10th generation BIOS update for my I9-10850K CPU.

Maybe there's a problem on Corsair's side when they created this BIOS update, and it's not detecting the CPU properly or something?

You did try the USB drive in a USB port directly on the back of the motherboard and it still didn't work? This is strange...

Yup, I did *exactly* that and MFlash finds the BIOS, identifies it as .2CA, warns me that it doesn't support Celeron processors, says it won't be able to restore the old BIOS, and then comes right back to the screen where you can select the file.