Corsair Community

iCue control inverted and backwards!

Guest techildllc

As promised, this will be the final update as Corsair finally contacted back on 6/25 confirming that a refund has been issued. Still need to wait a couple of days for the money to hit my credit card; but I do not foresee an issue there.

TLDR:

Ordered: May 4th

Received: May 24th (20 days from date of order; 2 weeks was advertised on website)

Ticket opened: May 24th

Return label issued by Corsair: May 27th (UPS 3 day select)

Item shipped out: May 27th

Item received by Corsair: June 2nd

No repair updates.......

Refund requested: June 10th

Refund issue: June 25th (15 days from request)

As a customer if you feel this timeline is acceptable, then feel free to continue to support Corsair! Otherwise, look elsewhere.

• 2 months later...

I just ordered a new A200 and saw this thread. This does not look good. If my unit has problems too, I will return it ASAP. But what would be a good quiet gaming computer to get? I want to get one with AMD R9 5950 CPU and Nvidia 3080 Ti or 3090 GPU.

On 7/12/2021 at 6:57 AM, techildllc said:

Would you look at that! Even a prominent youtuber got a dud review unit! You would think they get this kind of thing sorted before sending it out for review.

Why did you say this youtuber got a dud unit? All this guy has said is that improving thermo would improve CPU performance. This is a well known fact for desktop processors. 

On 6/8/2021 at 3:57 PM, Queeg said:

Just pointing out that the custom fan setting does not mean that the “fan speed is constant irrelevant of temperature” as suggested here. The minimum fan speed is constant in the sense that the fan speed will never drop below that speed, but the fan will ramp up above that minimum setting as needed for cooling.

And the C1 does have a fan curve - the curve between any custom setting (or 0 if in default setting) and the maximum fan speed. The fan ramps up or down through this curve as needed. It’s just not a curve the user can fine tune apart from setting the minimum. The fan curve works quite well, at least on my i160.

Just pointing out how the system works for those who might be reading these posts who don’t own a C1. Could it allow more fine tuning? Definitely. Does it work well as is? Definitely.

What version of Windows 10 are you running? Is it the latest?

18 hours ago, Queeg said:

Windows 11 currently.  I was running the then-latest version of Win 10 when I posted earlier.

Your posts have given me more confidence in Corsair pre-built computers. Have you stress tested your unit and found out the CPU/GPU temperature and clock speed? No thermo throttle?

I ordered an A200 with AMD 5950x, Nvidia 3080 Ti, 64GB RAM, and 2 TB SSD last week. It was shipped out the next day. Funny is that I live about 25 miles away from Corsair HQ. But the unit was shipped out from a warehouse in Taiwan, which is about 7,000 miles away!

3 hours ago, vett93 said:

Your posts have given me more confidence in Corsair pre-built computers. Have you stress tested your unit and found out the CPU/GPU temperature and clock speed? No thermo throttle?

I ordered an A200 with AMD 5950x, Nvidia 3080 Ti, 64GB RAM, and 2 TB SSD last week. It was shipped out the next day. Funny is that I live about 25 miles away from Corsair HQ. But the unit was shipped out from a warehouse in Taiwan, which is about 7,000 miles away!

I watch the temps pretty closely in games, etc.  And I've run a few benchmarks.  There may be some thermo throttling at the extremes, but I've never monitored it or noticed any practical impact.

But for the most part, I just use the C1 and enjoy it.  I've built many PCs over the years and tinkered with them incessantly and obsessed over benchmarks.  But when I saw the C1, I liked the form factor, appreciated the engineering, and was impressed with the balance between performance and thermals/noise.  So I just let it do its thing.

On 5/24/2021 at 8:42 PM, Guest techildllc said:

Just got my A200 pro in today. Updated to windows 10 21H1. After installing some basic programs and running for less than 30 min, system started to overheat. The front LED bars started flashing red.

Noticed that the top fan was NOT spinning. I recall it was spinning when I first booted up.

After chasing the problem for a while I found that the controls in iCue are completely backwards. What do I mean by backwards?

If you do a custom cooling preset

0% fan control gets you 100% fan speed

25% -> 75%

50% -> 50%

75% -> 25%

100% -> 0%

So what do you get when this happens? Well in default and extreme profile, as the system heats up, the fan control gets higher and higher but in reality, its actually going lower and lower. How is this even possible to get it so wrong on a $4400 system!

Running iCue 4.11.274

Corsair One Pro Liquid Cooler v 1.00.07

Try the current version of iCue, V4.15.153. No such issue. Problem solved. 🙂