Corsair Community

Corsair RBG Pro- Forward and Back buttons dont work in game

I have run into a huge problem with iCUE 4 and the Sabre RGB Pro. When I try to map the forward and back mouse buttons (traditionally known as MB4 & MB5) nothing happens. It doesn't matter what game, setting or process the only time they work is for browsing the web, which I feel wasn't intentional for an FPS/MOBA mouse :(. I know iCUE and the new products will have growing pains but between this and the asus plugin crash i am thinking the future of corsair is grim and dark. If anyone can help or link me to help it would be greatly appreciated.

Try running a repair install of CUE. Windows Settings-> Apps and left click on Corsair CUE. Select Modify and follow the prompts. This pops up every once in a while and it is usually some type of one time corruption. If it happens routinely, then there may be another program interfering.

Try running a repair install of CUE. Windows Settings-> Apps and left click on Corsair CUE. Select Modify and follow the prompts. This pops up every once in a while and it is usually some type of one time corruption. If it happens routinely, then there may be another program interfering.

doing this sufficiently broke all of iCUE and it wont install correctly anymore. wont even open

**update i was able to get iCUE to work again as a program. Found the fix btw ill post it below

Edited by FiddleAround7

I had another brand of mouse before I had the sabre RGB pro. knowing that ICUE 4 doesnt play well with old or similar drivers I did a complete uninstall (safemode regedit/deleting the appdata/localappdata folders of the old drivers.) this solved the issue. I hope this helps someone else who finds it.