Corsair Community

One TwinX module stopped working

wredo

Hi support crew,

yesterday my computer froze during operation. It turns out that one module of my TwinX CMX-3200LL XMS3205v3.1 set stopped working. When I operate the box without it everything is working, but once it is installed alongside the working one or installed alone the computer fails to POST. Details:

Asus A7N8X Deluxe

Athlon XP 2500+

1024MB TwinX CMX-3200LL XMS3205v3.1

Radeon 9600 Pro Sapphire

My question is if I can make use of your RMA policy even if I am from Germany. I already had the set fail on me roughly a year ago and the retailer took 7 weeks to replace it and I wonder if I could speeds things up dealing with you directly as I only have heard positive things about your speed of processing RMA requests. I could send the modules to your RMA department at my cost.

And another question: is it possible to only RMA one module of the set? Because I need the other one to keep my machine working....

I have set everything to auto, nothing is overclocked. This results in CL 2-3-2-6 settings at 166FSB (I know that I am running the Ram at PC2700 settings - I have not gotten around to overlcoking).

I have good airflow across the ram though.

I have tried the supposedly defective Ram in an Abit NF7-S 2.0 and it did not work either. My mate's 3200 CL2 sticks work flawlessly in my board, so I am totally sure that the ram is at fault here. :[pouts:

Archived