Corsair Community

K100 Bug Wheel lights go off

I am using iCue 4.11.274 (but also in previous iCue 4 versions I had this problem). The firmware on my K100 is 0.30.257.

I use a different profile for Firefox. When I start my PC and then open Firefox before the iCue software is started, then when iCue starts the lights on the Wheel suddenly go off.

See this video:

https://streamable.com/00p4nx

The lights on the keys are blue when iCue is not running. They are orange when Firefox is active. When I close Firefox it is white (default profile).

The lights on the Wheel only goes on again when I either restart tiCue. Or if I turn of the wheel. Sometimes I need to change wheel profile first (by clicking on the Wheel button.)

Edited by mm1985

This is a known bug. The control wheel goes into a "sleep state" when CUE first loads. You can wake it by physically interacting with it (little turn of the wheel) or by going into CUE and changing on of the control wheel settings. Hopefully a fix is coming. It is harmless, but it has been around for a while now.

You are the first person to mention it in the forum, however it is a known issue. I think it is a bit worse in 4.11 and it no longer "wakes" with wheel input. I suspect it is related to the implementation of the "always show profile, dial, and winlock status colors" feature in the device settings, but that is not certain.

k100 RGB using ICUE version 4 my scroll wheels doesn't light up when my system is first turned on until I us the scroll wheel... If you enable always show profile in device settings it never turns on, worked fine in version 3. Just chiming in to let you know you aren't alone.

Hi,

Same issue for me. I bought this high end keyboard 2 days ago, and noticed this issue immediatly.

It's disappointing for a flagship, I don't look at the price but in return I expect zero defects.

I first thought about a manufacturing defect (random contact) on my keyboard, if I am not the only one it must not be defective.

Hoping that will be corrected soon. I just have to press the button in the center of the wheel so that it lights up, it's not a big problem ... but once again it is supposed to be the top of the keyboard for Corsair.

Another thing that I noticed about the rotating wheel => when it is lit in blue after pressing it, the default color to increase or decrease the brightness, when the brightness is reduced, the rightmost sectors of the light circle are less illuminated than those on the left, until it becomes completely extinguished while on the left it remains illuminated. Doesn't seem really normal to me, could you check and tell me if you have the same phenomenon on your keyboard?

Especially since this phenomenon only occurs with the color blue, and not with the other colors.

This may be due to the fact that there is only one light source to illuminate this circle, that it is on the left, and the brightness can only be dimmed for the color blue, not for the colors green, yellow, and all the other colors used to define an action for the wheel. But this is only a guess as I don't know how many leds are used to illuminate this circle...

It is normal that the blue light on the wheel is not uniform when you decrease the brightness. You will also see this behaviour when you change the default color of the brightness mode to any other color.

It is not fixed yet c-attack.

Still have this Problem with 4.12

It should be and it resolved it for me. Make sure you have completed the firmware update to 0.32.262. If you already completed that and the ring lights are still off, I would do a force update to reload the firmware.

Here it is also not totally fixed after updating ICue to 4.12.214 en also updating the firmware 0.32.262.

Instead that the Wheel light go off it will now show light, but it starts at the lowest brightness (all other lights on the keyborard are at max brightness). And I have to turn the wheel clockwise in the Brightness Cotroll Wheel modus (this is the default modus for me) to bring the brightness of the wheel back to normal level. alternatively can restart iCue to fix it.

Edited by mm1985

Correction to my previous post. It will not start at the lowest brightness, but at a lower brightness.

If I changed the default Wheel mode to something else then 'Brightness Cotroll' the wheel light still starts at a lower brightness. But it will fix itself some seconds latere. Only when I set default mode to 'Brightness Cotroll' it will stay at the lower brightness.

Correction to my previous post. It will not start at the lowest brightness, but at a lower brightness.

If I changed the default Wheel mode to something else then 'Brightness Cotroll' the wheel light still starts at a lower brightness. But it will fix itself some seconds latere. Only when I set default mode to 'Brightness Cotroll' it will stay at the lower brightness.

After updating iCUE and the K100 firmware, the problem is partly resolved.

When I shut down the PC, if I am in a mode other than that of adjusting the brightness (turquoise blue), the next time I start up, the wheel will light up normally.

When switching off the PC, if the wheel is set for the "brightness adjustment", during the next start it will not light up.

Unless, as mm1985 says, it is on in very low light. A simple pressure on the center of the wheel is enough for it to return to maximum brightness.

Anyway, thanks to Corsair for the responsiveness, although it's not a very big issue.

It is normal that the blue light on the wheel is not uniform when you decrease the brightness. You will also see this behaviour when you change the default color of the brightness mode to any other color.

Thanks for your answer.

There are two separate issues combined into this thread. The original was the wheel lights would effectively go into sleep mode when CUE started, but would wake after any kind of wheel input or when using the app. That became worse in 4.11 when the wheel lights went out at all times if the software was running. That issue is fixed.

This issue with the brightness control set as the default operator and then resetting the brightness is a separate issue and not related to the first. If you do not need the brightness control on the wheel, disable it and that will stop. The brightness will remain at the CUE device designated level. If you are making continuous brightness adjustments during the day, then I suppose this is just one more adjustment when you first start. We should probably make it a new thread in either CUE or keyboard sections so it gets the proper attention.