Corsair Community

Mac iCue does not recognize the new virtuoso XT's

Pr0grammed

The box said it supports Mac, but when you go to the icue software download page for the latest ICUE it doesn't show the XT's as supported. Anyone know if Corsair is going to update their software?. I don't know I'm tempted to dump all peripherals with proprietary software and go with keyboards, mice and headsets that don't need the software package. I was using Razer and they dropped mac support now this. I still have at least two week return window at best buy. So will be returning them if I dont get confirmation they will update their software.

The box said it supports Mac, but when you go to the icue software download page for the latest ICUE it doesn't show the XT's as supported. Anyone know if Corsair is going to update their software?. I don't know I'm tempted to dump all peripherals with proprietary software and go with keyboards, mice and headsets that don't need the software package. I was using Razer and they dropped mac support now this. I still have at least two week return window at best buy. So will be returning them if I dont get confirmation they will update their software.

:sigh!: I was having the same issue... the truth is, the iCue software is updated for Mac and supports the Virtuoso XT, but it is gd impossible to find it.

If you go to the icue-mac page and download, you end up with iCUE 3.38.61.

In searching through the threads, I found a Corsair product manager posted a link to iCUE4.9.338 (I for the life of me cannot find the thread). I was able to update iCUE to 4.11.274, which supports the headset.

I'm adding a screenshot to show that it works, if you see this I can try to make the installer that works available to you.

Screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/avegciby7071c0h/Screen%20Shot%202021-05-24%20at%2010.10.06%20AM.png?dl=0

@corsair PM, really should make 4.11 available in the icue-mac site, it's really creating a crummy onboarding experience for customers dropping $$ for the latest headset.

Thanks! I was able to figure this out by searching the forums. I think I will wait on the official version. The reason I upgraded from the SE's to the XT's is that I tried the SE's set to 7.1 surround on the apple tv movie "Greyhound" which supports ATMOS. the SE's did not sound good\right with that movie so was hoping the XT's with ATMOS support would work. Still waiting

• Corsair Employees
Thanks! I was able to figure this out by searching the forums. I think I will wait on the official version. The reason I upgraded from the SE's to the XT's is that I tried the SE's set to 7.1 surround on the apple tv movie "Greyhound" which supports ATMOS. the SE's did not sound good\right with that movie so was hoping the XT's with ATMOS support would work. Still waiting

The Dolby Atmos for Headphones feature of the Virtuoso XT is only compatible with Windows 10.

As for those of you who need the iCUE 4 for MacOS in order to utilize the other features of the headset submit a support ticket at https://help.corsair.com and then PM me your ticket number.