Corsair Community

MM800 goes from custom setting to rainbow

The issue started about a week ago, nothing new was installed or anything.

The MM800 start out on the custom settings, but then goes into rainbow and doesn't change back unless I take out-back in the USB cable.

Is this a known issue and is there a fix?

Thanks.

• 6 months later...

it happened to me regularely on V3. I think it's just the MM800 that get its USB connexion to crap out on the regular.

Mine does not have a USB issue. It goes rainbow default when theres a screensaver or iCue is exited (K70 keyboard reverts to hardware lighting as intended). MM800 then flips back to the selected lighting profile when iCue is running again. 

I suspect the issue is with iCue V4 design. Since there is no onboard memory hardware lighting profile for the MM800, it requires iCue to be running. Since V4 suspends the app during screensavers (same effect as being exited) the MM800 reverts to the terrible rainbow default. V3 iCue kept running all the time in my experience. 

I'd prefer have an option to just turn it off rather than rainbow at the very least.

• Corsair Employees

Unfortunately the MM800 does not have hardware memory and when iCUE is closed or your system has gone to a lock screen it will lose connection with the devices and your mousemat will revert to the default rainbow effect, it worked like this in iCUE 3 as well.

Well, I can tell you for the past 1.5 years I've owned the MM800 (macOS running V3) during lock screen or screensaver neither the K70 nor MM800 reverted to hardware lighting or default rainbow unless iCUE was exited. At least on macOS, it always maintained that connection until V4. 

maybe a macOS specific thing then. on windows, it always reverts to rainbow in lock screens.