Corsair Community

iCue 4 causing double-clicks on Dark Core Pro SE, among many other problems

I recently received a notification from my iCue 3 software that a new update was available to update to iCue 4. I updated the software as iCue requested, and as soon as the install completed and I was running iCue 4, my mouse now double-clicks every time I left-click once. To be clear, I carefully press the left mouse button once, and the mouse instead double-clicks. This makes the mouse unusable, because I can't even click on something to select it, because the mouse double-clicks it and opens it instead.

On top of that, iCue 4 is absolutely terrible and has caused many problems:

1. Mouse is unusable because left-click now only double-clicks.

2. Mouse key rebinds do not work. I can set them in iCue, but they do NOTHING.

3. Stupidly high RAM usage: I've seen iCue creep up to 800 MB - 1 GB in RAM usage over time in task manager.

4. If mouse goes to sleep, when it wakes up there is a 50% chance it will not connect to iCue 4. It appears to operate in HW mode (I can tell by assigning it a specific lighting profile beforehand for testing purposes), and it shows as disconnected in iCue 4.

I have already made the following attempts at fixing the problems, with no success:

1. Blow mouse and buttons out with compressed air, repeatedly. Note: problem only started happening the instant iCue 4 was installed.

2. Force update of firmware for mouse. Force update of firmware for mouse receiver.

3. Force hard reset of mouse.

4. Completely uninstall iCue 4, reboot, manually track down all Corsair and iCue folders and registry entries and delete them, reboot, redownload iCue 4, reinstall iCue 4.

All of this work resulted in no changes - everything is still broken.

iCue 4 is terrible, and I can't believe Corsair shipped this out to all its customers in this state.

• Corsair Employees
Corsair Notepad:

I did open a ticket at https://help.corsair.com, and I have not received any help. I also just logged into my Corsair account to check the status of my ticket, and it appears to have been just deleted, as my Support Tickets page claims "You have no support tickets."

If you submitted a ticket you would have a confirmation email. We don't delete tickets so there is no way it got deleted if you created one.

I do have a confirmation email. It lists my ticket number as 2004329550. However, when I log into my Corsair account to check the status of the ticket, my Support Tickets page claims "You have no support tickets."

It's been 4 days since I contacted Corsair's support team, opened a support ticket, received a confirmation email (ticket #2004329550), and still have not received any help. I also used the live chat on Corsair's website to inquire about my support ticket, supplied my ticket number, and the representative said that they would follow up on it. When logged into the Corsair website, my Support Tickets page still claims "You have no support tickets."

Dark Core Pro SE still double-clicks on single-click to the point where it's unusable.

• Corsair Employees
When you create a ticket the automated confirmation message is clear that it can take up to 2 business days to get a response and we DO NOT work on weekends with the exception of our Systems Support team who handles the Corsair One and Vengeance PC support.